Virtual Joystick Problems?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sucker Punch, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Anyone else have issues playing games with a virtual joystick/d-pad?

I'm not complaining, I can't think of a better control scheme, but I've got some fat friggin' fingers, and sometimes it can be a pain in the ass trying to play games that require precise controls.

Take Across Age, for example. I have a helluva time with that because you need to move your character in a specific way to kill enemies.

I haven't even touched arcade shooters or fighting games, I'd expect that would be hell.

Anyone else have similar obstacles? What do you do about it?

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I actually have no problem with Virtual joysticks/d-pads if they work properly and responsively such as in games like NOVA or Minigore or Guerilla Bob and such.

I think they work just fine.

3. rogue35

rogue35 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I have the same problems, I'm still new to this, so maybe it's a learning curve thing, but the vitual joystick never seems to work well with my thumbs.

4. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I have issues with a lot of games too. I think it takes practice...I hope. My bro is mailing me some Fling virtual analog sticks as a birthday present. I was hesitant to buy them, but was hoping they were good. Guess I will find out soon. Maybe that will help with my control problems with Aralon.

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    No problems for me. Most FPS's and dual stick shooters work perfectly. Maybe try an iPad?

6. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    that's typical...actually we are fighting crazily inhouse for the control. totally a mass now!
    maybe i need to start a thread talking this issue with you guys.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Thanks but we don't need another thread about the subject!