myTravelAssistant being featured, now what?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Carlos, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Software architect, game dev and book author
    xor eax, eax
    #1 Carlos, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
    my Travel Assistant is being featured in New and Noteworthy Productivity apps section, US and hungarian AppStore!
    Interesting, why exactly on these two - maybe later it will pop up in other AppStores as well, as there have been good sales also in other countries. (Not sure whether this matters, though.)

I'm wondering whether I should just sit and watch, or try to promote the app further - e.g. by lowering the price.

Any hint, suggestion would be highly appreciated!

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

hurry

Ok go to the forum and open a new topic on your game. In the title put the name of your game and new and noteworthy. That will boost your sales even higher!! Try to hit 3-4 iphone forum sites with same tatic. Name of game and new and noteworthy in the title.

3. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    lol, good morning honey, this is not a game

4. crazygambit

crazygambit Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I would certainly try to milk up this opportunity with a price drop. If it were a game it'd be a no brainer, but I'm not so sure with an app of this kind. First for the price drop to be effective the app should be priced at .99c. I don't think there's much conversion difference between 1.99 and 2.99 so I wouldn't even bother with a small price drop, you'll almost certainly lose money.

The thing is, the market for this app is somewhat limited and the people that want it are probably willing to shell 3 bucks for it, so a price drop might not make any sense whatsoever.

In any case, being featured and having to decide whether to price drop or not is certainly a nice problem to have. Congratulations and good luck to you. I hope you can make the most of it.

5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    Indeed, this is a rather niche app. Instead of dropping the price, I will rather invest some money and promote the app.

6. csch

csch New Member

Dec 10, 2010
    i agree, i would be careful with dropping the price. Also i would be careful with advertising but maybe youc could put up some banners on some travelling sites?

You definitely could work on a little update and submit that in 1-2 weeks time, that will give you a good chance that you get right back to "New and Noteworthy" once the update is approved. Hope your sales are going well!

7. CodeCritical

CodeCritical Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I would also send out updated Press Releases using the subject line "Just hit New and Noteworthy" ... that got us a bit of traction.

8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    Thank you all for the hints. I will probably start with a press release.