Favorite Gameloft Titles

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CygnetSeven, Apr 11, 2013.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I'm going on a long trip for two weeks that will include extended stays in airports/bus stations and a lot of occasions where I will be the only english speaker so a lot of down time. I'm thinking of bringing up to four Gameloft titles with me and I'm open to suggestions. Which four would you bring on a long drawn out trip? Any you enjoyed more than others?

I'm not too crazy about FPS unless you can convince me to try it.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #2 JBRUU, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    If you're at all interested in 9mm, do yourself a favor and go buy Max Payne. Just want to throw that out there before people start recommending 9mm.

Hmm four titles that aren't shooters? Well since I don't know what you have and haven't played, I'll throw out a half dozen or so of my favorites: (note that some might require the no sound fix)

-Spider-Man: Total Mayhem. Best beat em up on the AppStore. An all time classic.

-Dungeon Hunter 2. Crap graphics. Everything else (except mediocre combat) is brilliant.

-Starfront: Collision. One of the best RTSs on the platform, pity about the pop limit though.

-Prince of Persia. If you can handle the controls (they were fine for me, heard some people had difficulty though) then this is a great game.

-Hero of Sparta II. Fun romp, frustrating deaths. I never finished it, actually.

-Zombie Infection is a very decent, albeit with dates visuals, horror game.

-BackStab. First 3D real open world of its kind on the AppStore. Often buggy & unpolished, with jerky animations and repetitive combat. Still fun.

-Go pick up NOVA 2. Yes it's a shooter. But it has by far the best story mode of any Gameloft has put out. Excellent AI, very fun and varied weapons/enemies, good level design (very good, in fact), just a ton of fun. I can't recommend it enough.

-Don't even bother with TDKR or TASM. Batman is extremely boring (combat...ugh just one button mashing) and TASM just isn't as polished as Total Mayhem, and the open world is unnecessary. Wild Blood is decent is you like the genre.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks JBRUU (how does one pronounce that? Juh-broo?)

I have played some NOVA and I frankly quite like it. Not really sure why most FPS turn me off but not that one. Thanks for the suggestions. I have all but Backstab but just really have had no time to crack them open. I think this trip will change that. Also thanks for the warnings, I was considering those as well.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Those are actually my initials with a few extra letters. So if you want to have a mental pronunciation for me besides "that guy who spends too much time on the Internet" it's just J.B.

Oh yeah, if you for some very strange reason have not play The Walking Dead, just go grab that with all the episodes. $15 for all of them I believe, and it amounts to around 10-12 hours of gameplay (roughly 2.5 hours per episode). Great for a car trip. No fiddly touch controls. Just an incredible, well acted story.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Agree with all here, except I did finish hero of Sparta 2 and it was a fun god of war clone.

6. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Amen.

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I dunno Max Payne doesnt have a screen swipe option in mine so i am forced to go dual stick. I prefer 9mm's controls. Anyone else have this problem? Iphone 4.
    But anyway, blades of fury is pretty fun, as Soulcalber costs alot. But beware as I am not sure if it has Iphone 5 or iOS 6 support, probably won't have or get it.
    Backstab is glitch but fun.
    POP is fun, I recommend it.
    N.O.V.A. 2 has hackers now but back in the day the one hit kill mode was very enjoyable.
    Gangstar Miami is good, Rio is immature and has a lousy story. The old school dungeon hunters (1+2) are great hack and slash.

8. Vector

Vector Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    California
    Modern Combat- Good Time Killer
    N.O.V.A- I'm an FPS Fan
    Wild Blood- pretty good
    Back Stab
    Asphalt 7

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If we're talking Asphalt 7, just go with NFS. Better in every possible way, except multiplayer.

10. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Adventures of Tintin - surprisingly good, and ties in well with the newer movie
    Asphalt - great racing games
    Blokus - great family-friendly board game
    Dungeon Hunter 2 - still one of the greatest action/RPG on iOS to date
    Spider-Man: Total Mayhem - great beat-em-up

11. 4 Gameloft titles I would play

Asphalt 7
    Wild Blood
    Nova 3
    Modern Combat 4

If you have a Gameloft duo gamer joystick, that is very nice too.

12. Nah, I disagree, Asphalt 7 and RR3 are better than NFS most wanted.

But Asphalt 7 wins if you play it with dual analog joystick like the Gameloft duo gamer joystick. So, I give the nod to A7, though RR3 is close, too bad EA doesn't have joystick support yet.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm an arcade racer guy. NFS will always be close to my heart :)

Disagree with A7 vs NFS, there's simply no comparison in terms of physics, (Asphalt doesn't even have physics) graphics, music, everything. RR3 and NFS can't be compared just because they're so different.

14. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Asphalt 7: Heat
    Wild Blood

Wild Blood got super boring upon beating the whole game :p

15. When I played Max Payne, I could swipe on the screen...what version are you running?

Anyway...good Gameloft games

Asphalt 7:I still haven't actually installed it since I got it last Septembef
    TDKR: Combat is very basic
    NOVA 3: Great graphics, nice story node
    Driver: I suppose that suffers from the sound glitching now, but it's a really great port
    UNO: A nice, easy to understand game that's pretty much only good for multiplayer but still nice by yourself
    Asphalt 6: Well, Asphalt 7 is kind of an expansion of this
    Blokus: Much the same as UNO. I couldn't get into it as much as UNO though
    MC3: Much the same as most modern day FPS's

Also, when I pronounch JBRUU, I just say the individual letters

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Spider-Man Total Mayhem
    Zombie Infection
    Wild Blood

Them's my top three.

POP: WW is great too.

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    One other one I like is Zombiewood. I had much more fun than I expected.

18. To be honest, Gameloft doesn't have any other good games that aren't FPS's, besides Asphalt of course.

19. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    [​IMG]

20. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hate physics. it's easier to control the vehicle without physics.
    and i think fast 5(another gameloft title) is way better than both in terms of gameplay.