Review sites - Listing of all Apps available

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by BlueSpiral, May 15, 2011.

1. #1 BlueSpiral, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
    So, Stacword Lite I released about a week ago to test the waters. I found a list of review websites that I emailed the video to and let them know about the game and when the full paid version would be coming out. I also asked for a review, which can take anything up to 3 weeks if they are interested.

I noticed (having searched for my app) that only a couple of sites contained even a reference to my game. Is this fairly common? I guess my question is, does the fact that the lite version of my game is FREE affect whether it is listed on these review sites. I'm not talking about a review here, just when you do a search to see all apps. Do they only list the paid one's or do they just select the top x number and let people know they exist.

I assumed that when you bring a game out that sites would have a listing of all the new one's or a list of most of the newer apps available. It seems that some review sites have a comprehensive list, whilst others don't.
    Do you need to bang on doors even to get a reference made to your game? Possibly it might be that they only list games their customers might be interested in?

Has anyone else come across this or is my game simply too new at the moment?

Thanks.

2. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    There are a lot of apps coming out each day. It is easy to find the review sites and contact them for a review. Therefore they are inundated, and only get a chance to properly look at the few that grab their attention.

3. Thanks for the response Moonjump.

I think my question relates to the catalog list of games these review sites have. Some seem to have a more comprehensive list than others. I was sort of expecting that irrespective of the number of new apps out, all apps were lists/available of the search and then they review / focus on the ones that catch their eye. Didn't know if this was the case of not.