Quantum Collapse. Groundbreaking Real Time Strategy game coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JavierDavalos, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    #1 JavierDavalos, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    Hi guys,

I'm the developer of a new RTS coming to iphone called Quantum Collapse, this will be a major Iphone title and i decided to announce it first here on these forums.

[​IMG]

I won't release much more than that simple screenshot for now, but this game won't let you guys down. I'm a hardcore gamer and i know what gamers like so i have no doubts in Quantum Collapse.

Feedback is much apreciated!, also let me know what you'd like to see in a major RTS title for iphone.

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    #2 randomdude, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
    This is the Command and Conquer series for the iPhone which will be better than the RTS that EA is working on for this. We want originality not ports EA. Learn from this dev or make him part of your iPhone dev team. Any of them will do but the 2nd is preferable. And yay I thought I was the only hardcore gamer here for RTS :D JK.

BTW: how will the control scheme work?
    Sorry I meant the this game will be like the C&C Series for the PC not that this is the C&C Series

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Wow! Looks really fun! Thats about the only RTS that has gotten me interested!

4. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Same here

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Looks pretty sweet. My personal favorite RTS is Starcraft, and yours appears to have a spacey vibe so that's good. Things I would like to see are:

Multiple races that you can play as

Lots of different and unique soldiers and vehicles in each class, ex. Maybe one class would have a vehicle that another class didn't have, and vice versa. This would add strategy because you would have to choose the right race suited for the job.

A decent story mode

Lots of single-play maps that you can pick a race and just play

Multiple options within those single play maps ex. Number of cpu players, what races they are, etc.

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER. If this is over your head for now, I completely understand, but I feel this is a crucial part of any RTS. If it's not there in the beginning, make some profit and then implement it later

A competitive price. While there are few RTS's in the app store, most of them have
    the things above. Make yours the best so they will be inclined to buy it. A nice low price couldn't hurt either.

6. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    LOL the irony, i didn't know CnC was going to be ported for Iphone.

The irony is that i made most of the website of the current red alert/cnc EA portals.

7. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    How about some air units like bombers, helicopter, and some sea units that could actually give you guys some publicity for allowing sea unit that is actually done right *looking at another RTS* Anyways make some unit variety for different races and maybe some CGI maybe. It doesn't have to be real life but it could be some kind of animation though.

8. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    A few more things.

Good controls. Bad controls in a game like this could ruin it.

Massive widescale battles. The thing that worries me about that pic is the fact that not much is going on. I would like massive battles, where I send my 30 troops and 7 tanks right up to the enemy and watch what happens. Don't just have single soldiers running around, have an easy way to group them and send them to attack.

9. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Dont worry. It'll be buggy, but you might want to have some ideas of advertising eh?

10. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Yes, although the game will initially launch as just single player its being programmed with to be easily changed for multiplayer matches.

I'm thinking first release will be singleplayer, the following update will have bluetooth/internet multiplayer and if things kick off and people like it a full blown ranked multiplayer system.

Ohh and one little detail i left out... the game has physics built in :) don't we all love physics in game?, now we have them on an RTS

11. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Nice...could you explain a little more what you mean by physics?

12. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    :eek: your making your game sound so good right now. Anyways EA always come out with horrible ports so dont worry as I had said before in another post

13. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    I know i've worked for EA. It's a great place to work at but $$$$ is all that matters there so lots of bad choices are made because of greed.

14. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Sorry I forgot. Welcome to TA!

15. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    This looks exciting! How awesome! Good luck!

16. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    #16 randomdude, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
    Maybe you can let us build bunkers trenches something like that. I got this while playing Company of hero on the omaha missions :D Maybe you can build bridges then destroy them with some small bombs like this one. Just let us have some airtillery strike you can buy and also just make it like Company of Heros in terms of the gameplay

17. OrangePanda

OrangePanda Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    A shift type button that can let your units go to multiple points, and would tell you the time it will take the unit to get there.
    Minimum of 5 civs, each with a few bonuses and negatives.
    1 SuperUnit per civ: ex a huge tank or a giant battleship.
    Control Groups, Dialogue, massive battles. Ability to create attack paths, Ex: drawing lines on the minimap of how to attack.
    Formations would be sweet.

18. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Are you a RTS guru?

19. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I can vouch for that. I used to do PR for EA on the agency side, and while the people are great, money is an overwhelming part of the decision-making process. Sure, business is business, but come on, let's make sure we're serving the customer.

Btw, great looking game...what is the pricing and availability for this?

20. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Is EA really that bad and only thinkk about the money? (sorry a EA fanboy here) If so then screw EA!