"Mummy's Revenge" Gameplay Video (Check it Out)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jbmoney13, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 jbmoney13, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
    "Mummy's Revenge" is now in the App Store:

http://www.itunes.com/apps/mummysrevenge

Here are some issues I am already aware of in regards to the game:

1) Audio has some volume issues.
    2) Vibrate switch when activated on the iPhone causes a bug in the Hero's movement.

An update has been submitted to fix these bugs.

I do have another update planned for this month:

4 new weapons
    new backgrounds
    new enemy boss
    increased difficulty settings (Easy, Normal, and Hard)

Thanks again to all of you for your support. I'm not going anywhere so leave any comments you'd like.

-------------------------

Apptastic Apps is proud to present the "Mummy's Revenge" gameplay videos:

(Check out this prior thread for more info about the game):

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=14112

RELEASE DATE SHOULD BE ANY DAY NOW, I WILL LET YOU ALL NOW.

If you notice any slowdown in the video this is not the game this is the youtube connection. The video i have plays smooth no problems. FPS for the game is excellent. :)

Video 1:

[hqyoutube]SAbtowBcNgw[/hqyoutube]

Video 2: Now this Video shows some skill :)

[hqyoutube]vn1FjWtL0Ps[/hqyoutube]

*If you go to the 2 Min mark in video 2 you will see the Bazooka in action.

This is my first time making a Video of an app on my iPhone so please forgive me for the quality issues. I do believe that this mixed with the pics in the earlier thread should be enough to give everyone an idea of the type of quality this game is made of. Thanks for all the support and I hope this meets your expectations.

Here are some screenshots as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A THANKS AND A BIG SHOUT OUT TO KRIS AND MIKA MOBILE FOR THEIR SUPPORT.

2. Grouick

Grouick Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    It does look very good.
    Can't wait to try it out.

3. Thanks, I appreciate it, I also updated the post to include the video in the post. This should make things easier for people. :D

As always looking for your feedback.

4. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Whoa awesome game, I can't wait to play it. I love the high detail graphics.

5. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Looks awesome... can't wait. I enjoyed zombieville, Sparta not so much... looking forward to trying this.

6. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Yes looks great, very Zombieville-ish but I will buy it when released

7. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #7 salsamd, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
    Very nice. A few requests:

1. Some intelligent mummies, who actually may try to enter the tombs, etc. They all just move back and forth. If their goal is to stop you from your excavation, they should go after you.

2. As one's health bar decreases one's agility/speed should also lessen, but one should have a chance to heal, eg, finding healing balms in the pyramids.

3. Only saw 3 types of mummies so far...

8. Thanks for the requests, let me try and go through them one by one:

1. We are considering a way to develop gameplay from within the pyramid. Obviously this would be a major add on to the game, But definitely something many people would want.

2. Great idea, as a matter of fact this might just be implemented in Update 1.5 thanks to you. (Probably in the new difficulty settings)

3. Well thats enough Mummies, In update 1.5 we are looking at a whole new enemy all together. :)

I really like this forum, please everyone i enjoy reading this stuff. Talk to me, tell me what you like & what you would like to see.

I am the PEOPLES DEVELOPER, I'm really just like you trying to make a game that I love playing. I'm still a kid myself, only with big responsibilites. :D

9. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Bummer, can't watch on mah iPod....

10. Sorry, I know, I'm trying to get an iPod and iPhone Compatible version. :)

11. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I think it just takes a bit, I've had videos watch from compatible to not :)

12. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #12 salsamd, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
    Yeah, something like an enemy with special powers appropriate to the era, For example, being able to create a sand storm that might push the hero back or knock him over depending on his strength bar, in which case he might temporarily lose his weapon and be forced to defend himself otherwise (sword/knife perhaps-haven't seen that) while he turns around to regain his weapon (and hat:D)

Anyway, you get the point: something to break up/spice up an otherwise similar gameplay from level to level.

13. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    When you go into the pyramid, you should have the enemies attack the pyramid itself. You can give the pyramid it's own health bar when you're inside it. Of course this means that you'll have to get rid of the enemies attacking it somehow, but I think it would add a whole new strategic element to the game. If you don't get rid of the enemies, and they destroy the pyramid, no powerup earned, or something along those lines. The cool thing about this idea is that you could introduce a completely different gameplay mechanic if you wanted....

a) you could throw out a decoy so that some enemies swarm to it momentarily while you stick your head out and shoot at some of them

b) you could do a Defend Tour Castle thing where once you're inside the pyramid, you can destroy the mummies by picking them up, throwing them, etc. this might be a little too complicated, and you'd have to tie in the story somehow, but it would be cool nonetheless!

c) when you go in the pyramid, you could have the mummies swarm and attack the pyramid like mentioned above, while you snipe at them with a rifle through a peephole at the top

just some quick thoughts :D It's definitely the pyramid part that needs to be spiced up a bit though, in my opinion.

14. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I think this game would go good with some iron maiden playing in the background

15. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    But conceptually why would the mummies want to destroy the pyramids that house the precious items that you are pillaging, and they are trying to protect?

16. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    hmm, good point. oh well, back to the drawing board. what if when you're inside the pyramid, you can call in air support to shoot down on the enemies?

17. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    You're too creative for your own good :p

18. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I know...I should stick to the basics, lol

19. Yup I agree, I personally listen to some old school hip hop when i play. But as you can see from the music soundtrack, I love rock and metal as well. The game hypnotizes you when you are listening to your own music, its like you're jammin to your favorite song while blasting everything in your path. Its Poetic and Peaceful, if you can imagine that. :D

20. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Lol.

I just looked at your "How to Play" screen. It looks great, very creative, yet faintly familiar some how... ;)