Universal Call of Duty Black Ops: Zombies (by Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Ascension is supposed to be in black and white?

2. NLjaan

NLjaan Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    After you turn the power on you get color.

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    maybe in 3 weeks, i dropped my beloved 3generation 64gb itouch in the toilet yesterday by accident. had it checked out today & it's beyond repair , so i'll purchase a 4thgen. 64gb in about 3 weeks.

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Are you sure about the 3 more maps to be releashed? i how so ( i hope they release shang ri la)

5. #585 Hoggy110, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
    I just want them to release Call Of The Dead and Moon, with music easter egg included

Also, how big is this app actually on the iDevice?

6. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
  7. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    806 mb. Installed size.

8. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Sure, send me a message on Game Center when you get another device. Sucks about dropping your device in the toilet.

9. Would it be worth getting this with 1.6 GB of memory left on my iPod?

10. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Does nobody know how to use PHD Phlopper?

11. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Yes , of course. This game is a must buy. I have all the top iOS games and this in my top 10 games. Ascension sealed the deal for me, and to think that Call of the dead is coming too. Tons of replay ability either in solo or multiplayer.

12. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Okay guys here's a tip. On the way to thr door of speed cola, there is a a hole in the wall that you can jump through to get down. When you go through that hole, DON'T RUN! I ran through the hole and fell in the pile of stuff, and then I fell out of the map npand there is no way to get back to where I was.

13. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    omg just did this on wave 62 n i had zeus cannon n porter x2 ray gun soooo cheeeeeeesed i even spammed gerse device hoping i cud teleport myself

14. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Just happened to me also. Had all my perks, PAP'd thunder gun. Then all the zombies disappeared, ran through that area where the speed cola is then I was out of map !

The phd flopper does have a purpose, that is when you run off a platform. You receive no damage.

15. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I love this game but the some of the people that use voice chat on Multiplayer need a couple tips.

1. Please stop playing annoying music blasted in the background. My earphones pick that up and I can't even hear the sound from the game. It sounds horrible with loud music blasting through my headphones. Most importantly, I can't hear you, just the music.

2. Play in a room where your 3 brothers and 2 sisters aren't in. This is just as bad or even worse. I can't hear the game, just screaming kids and I can't hear you, over your siblings.

Those two points above. Make me quit the game everytime. I would rather play solo then to listen to static music or screaming kids in the background.

Note: All this is an observation. I'm not that serious about this but would rather play with someone that has a clue.

16. lr1919

lr1919 Active Member

Nov 9, 2011
    iPhone 4

How is this running on the iPhone 4 now? I've been holding off because of framerate complaints...

17. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Or you could mute them. Just saying...

18. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Yes, I've done that and the problem is most people want to chat, so when you mute them. They think your being rude and leave the game.... but they don't realize that their being annoying with the noise. I've actually said to a few players, I can't hear you, it's too noisy... You think they would clue in.

I find the good players know this and usually play in a quiet place

19. FragglePants

FragglePants Member

May 2, 2011
    SP Ascension tips for a high score

- On early rounds aim to get some cash together, open up all the doors, turn on the power, open up pack-a-punch etc.
    - Then keep on at the Mystery Box until you get the Thunder Gun. For your second gun go for some sort of Mystery Box assault rifle with lots of ammo.
    - Pack-A-Punch both (obviously).
    - Now at the start of each round plan to be on the raised platform by the Phd Flopper. There are probably other areas you can do this, but there is a good space here without too many entry points.
    - You can call the lander if you want and be able to make a quick gettaway if things get hairy.
    - Now as soon as zombies appear, walk next to the walls of the area round and round, forcing the zombies to trail behind you. You might have to make a break through a line of oncoming zombies at the steps, but you should be able to dodge all the ones that appear in front of you. Try to keep a good speed so they keep up with you but don't actually hit you. Keep going until no more are spawning. Then turn round and shoot a few heads off with your assault rifle. Repeat until they are all dead, and then repeat as more zombies are spawned.
    - When you get InstaKill powerup, aim to knife as many zombies as you can for more points.
    - Leave a lone zombie at the end of a level to go around with housekeeping tasks like repairing barriers and browsing Mystery Box for new weapons.
    - On the monkey rounds, use the Thunder Gun (Zeus Gun) to kill them. I only have Quick Revive and Juggernog perks, so monkeys all tend to head down to the centrifuge room. Try to group monkeys together so you only use a few Zeus Gun shots.
    - The only hairy part of the level is that you invariably end the monkey round in the centrifuge room, and want to be back at the PHD Flopper at the start of the next round. So there's a mad rush up the stairs with zombies coming out of every hole before you. Best to prepare for that and repair all those holes before (or during) monkey round. If you aren't lazy like me then you could slowly coax the last monkey to follow you up the stairs before you shoot it. Life's too short...
    - The reason for the Zeus Gun is that at later levels when you shoot the head off a zombie it sticks around for _minutes_ running after you and attacking you before finally falling over. And even the Pack-a-Punched Ray Gun has no effect other than making a crawler. Whereas the Zeus Gun vapourises any zombies instantly.
    - Group all your zombies together, then Zeus them, and repeat. You use about 3 shots per round. And every 5 rounds the monkeys will replace your ammo, even if you didn't get an ammo replacement powerup during a round.
    - I gave up at level 102. No revives needed. And it's really hard to give up and just let yourself be eaten!
    - This may work in MP, but I suspect you'd need to each find your own little area to run around. And you'd have to synchronise visits to the Mystery Box etc with ending the round.

20. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Hey very nice strategy,

I also like using Stamin-up because of the extra speed and the sickle is good for points too.

If your looking for a good player for multiplayer, add me, FightingGI