What Disney sale worth it?

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Qordobo, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I'm downloading Alice in Wonderland that seems (not played) an interesting and polished puzzle platformer. Also JellyCar 2 is a nice pick I won't regret.

But I was wondering if other current Disney sales worth it. Like Split/Second, Phineas and Ferb Arcade, Toy Story Mania, Toy Story 3 Operation Camouflage.

It seems quite difficult to find feedback on Disney games, for example I found almost nothing for the Alice.

2. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Out of all the Disney games I tried. I prefer Split/Second. It's on sale for $0.99. The gameplay is very smooth and fast. If you tried Need for Speed and like it then you'll love this game.

3. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Thanks for the hint, sold, yes for me Need for Speed is the best but I like some other.

For Need for Speed, Shift should be my favorite alas I bought the iPad version instead of the iphone one when we got in EU one rare EA sale and iPad version is far to have a perfect frame rate. So Undercover is the race I preferred for now and among those I played.

4. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I'd actually disagree. Split/Second is a horrible racer, I'd advise you save a dollar and not buy it.

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    If you have kids, Disney Fairies Fly may be a hit.

You are right, though, Jelly Car 2 is their best offering.

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I bought Radio Flare redux instead :D
    Thanks TAer!

7. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    That game is actually pretty decent. Sadly I had to delete it because I needed the space, though I have plenty now so I might redownload it.

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Might?
    One must!

9. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Eh, I'm already dealing with a slew of games I still have to finish. My last couple months were a bit busy so I have tons of games to play.

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Welcome to the iOS land, I have finished only 2 / 3 games out of 2.5k + :D

11. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    > But I was wondering if other current Disney sales worth it. Like Split/Second,
    > Phineas and Ferb Arcade, Toy Story Mania, Toy Story 3 Operation Camouflage.

I'm contemplating both Phineas and Ferb and Toy Story Mania. My kids and I have played the Phineas/Ferb Flash games on-line on the Disney website. You might want to try them out to see if you like them. For 99 cents, it actually seems like a great deal to have portable versions of the games.

I'm also thinking of getting Toy Story Mania. Funny thing is, I just got the Wii version of the game yesterday on Black Friday. But, again, to have a mini/portable version may be fun to bring out every so often.

12. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    #12 Qordobo, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Too late.

13. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    I skip the toy story because I have already ton of Hidden Objects games to play, but pick the Phineas for pure curiosity.

I played some levels of Alice in Wonderland, the character animation aren't fluid, doubled on iPad doesn't help. The graphic style isn't bad but not appealing. It's a puzzle platformer, first levels only have very easy puzzles but then they become less obvious and my current feeling is that it's a quite good pick. But it makes you wonder what's the target, not sure young kids could enjoy it. Anyway I'm happy with this pick.