New to iPhone Development

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by danlthemanl, Apr 3, 2010.

1. danlthemanl

danlthemanl Active Member

Mar 24, 2010
    iPhone App/Game developer
    Hey guy,
    I just recently joined the iPhone development crowd. I'm 17, still in high school and i'm finding it's hard to get your app noticed with all the crap thats in the App store. My iPhone game is called "Colossal" and it's been out for a week now, and to celebrate the iPad launch, I put my game for free this weekend. I was blown away when I saw I got 958 downloads :eek: If only it wasn't free... Do you guys have any other tips for promoting/marketing apps and having them stand out from the crap apps that are gathering up in the app store? thanks!

--------
    Daniel Bryant
    iPhone App/Game Developer
    http://danielontech.wordpress.com

2. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Hi Daniel - well done for at least getting this far! Is there a video of your game posted anywhere?

3. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    #3 Flickitty, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
    First of all, tell me exactly why your app deserves to be among the ranks of other similar games in your category. Tell me why your app deserves to be in the Top 25 of those categories.

Your game has been out for a week, which means it is already too late to start thinking about this. Either things will pick up in the next week, or they won't. If they don't pick up, it isn't very likely that it ever will (but it isn't impossible).