What about AppreviewMe services

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ChaosInteractive, May 16, 2014.

1. ChaosInteractive

ChaosInteractive Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Game developper
    France
    Hello,

I have added my game Jetpack High to appReview.me website and download, rate others apps to earn karma.

Others dev will rate my game.

Ok this seems to work and comments are not biaised. (I will not give 5 stars if I do not like what I download because it is not an exchange with others dev).

But what about Apple policies and do you think this service work really?

Thank you

2. plicatibu

plicatibu Member

May 3, 2012
    Developer
    Brazil
    Reviews are a very important tool to help improve the chances of your application be discovered by users.

That said, from a businesses perspective, real reviews is not what you need. You need 5 stars review.

IMHO you're better investing your time to/ money to get 5 stars reviews. otherwise you will stay behind other developers.

3. ChaosInteractive

Oct 11, 2012
    Game developper
    France
    By chance all give me 5 stars and like my game. But it is time consuming to download and rate others to earn "karma" point and be reviewed.

Do you know some rating services like you mentionned? And what about Apple policies?

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    As a user its depressing seeing sites like this or paid services to get 5 star reviews. I think thats why many of us dont believe app store reviews as a lot of devs have made a mockery of it by paying for reviews or the 'you give me 5 stars and i'll give you 5 stars' attitude.

I dont normally bother reading app store reviews anymore but if i do have a quick look and see some standard 'fake' one line review for a game giving it 5 stars i then dont buy the app. To me fake/paid reviews 'might' get you some more sales but can also help you lose sales

5. POLYGAMe

POLYGAMe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Game Developer (iOS, Mega Drive, C64)
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Agreed. If you pay for reviews and/or installs, you're gaming the system and more than likely have a crap product.

6. ChaosInteractive

Oct 11, 2012
    Game developper
    France
    then for you using appreview.me is better. Dev do not exchange 5 stars. I have already rates with 2, 3 stars when the apps is not good enough.

But it is time consuming and you cannot buy review.

Maybe I must buy rating and review first, then when I will have enough download per day I can stop.

I have 5 download per day of my game. It is very, very low.

7. POLYGAMe

POLYGAMe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Game Developer (iOS, Mega Drive, C64)
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Buying reviews is not only dishonest, it's a complete breach of both Apple and Google's terms and conditions. Try honest marketing. If you're going to pay for something try Google or Facebook ads.

8. ChaosInteractive

Oct 11, 2012
    Game developper
    France
    Ok, I will not buy review. I do not want to be ban and I think also it is not honnest.
    Appreview.me is a bit more honest because I do not pay nor ask exchange.

I just send an email to a marketing company (game promoter) to know what to do and how much is it. (if any of you know "game promoter" and have an opinion I am ready to listen it, tk).

I have already tested google and facebook ads with 100$ each. I wasted my money. If you want to use such ads services you must have 10K$ because user acquisition cost is near to 1.5$/user.

9. plicatibu

plicatibu Member

May 3, 2012
    Developer
    Brazil
    I agree with you guys that it's not ethical. Also, I don't believe in reviews I read in app stores.

But let's face the truth: tons of developers do it and if you don't you're obviously in disadvantage.