Game Dev Story - Always Succeed?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TooTinyMan, Dec 27, 2010.

1. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    I couldn't actually find the thread for this game due to the horrible search thingy TouchArcade gives us, so I'm starting a whole new thread :( .
    I've found that in Game Dev Story, whenever someone asks me if they can increase the Fun/Creativity/Graphics/Sound for whatever project I'm currently working on, if I give them the lowest chances of succeeding by only giving them one Research Data, they actually tend to succeed more than when I give them an 80% chance by using, say, 25 Research data. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a glitch or something they put in on purpose? I'll try to post a few screenshots the next time I have a chance.

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I haven't quote that at all, and I used sometime lowest rates to trigger bugs and get more research data at price of some time.

But perhaps your game entered in a bug state, have you repeat the test enough to make result suspect. If it's just one or two clear tests plus a general feeling it's certainly not probing.

3. TooTinyMan

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Hey, I'm pretty new to this site. Is it possible to add screenshots without putting them on a website? I have to enter a URL but I have none to enter.

4. TooTinyMan

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    And yes, it's happened to me 6 times in a row. I just failed once, but then succeeded again twice.

5. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    #5 Qordobo, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
    But what was the percentage shown? The lowest possible is 20% ie 1/5 but often the character is so good that you can't reach so low percentage. The chance you made it 6 time in a row with 20% is about 6/100000 if I'm not wrong. It's not a chance totally impossible to get but yes it should be quite rare.

6. TooTinyMan

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Well, not all of them were 20%, but they were all lower than 35%... and to do it 8 times and only fail once? I don't know, maybe it is coincidence, but it was pretty cool!