Game Request??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GhostMaker, Mar 22, 2014.

1. GhostMaker

GhostMaker Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Ok...I'm not sure if this has been done before, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread...but I've been trying to find out if this is possible, but haven't found an answer yet.

I love how some developers have made retro PC games available on ios. Like Wolf 3D, Duke Nukem 3D, Free ski, that really old school Windows ski game, even Carmageddon.

There's a bunch of other games that I would love to play on my iphone, but I have no idea, nor do I have any intention to program a game myself. So my question is this:

Is there a way that I could get a message a cross to some developers for some games that NEED to be made?

I mean...I know that some games are public domain as they're abandonware, and the source codes are freely available online. Like Ken's Labyrinth...which is the main reason I'm asking, since I was obsessed with that game as a kid.

I'll admit I have no idea what I'm talking about, so anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Many games aren't abandon ware. People just can't get hold of or know who the copyright holder is. Plus it's one thing doing an ios version, it's something else selling it. If the devs port it they'll need paying.

Contact the guy to ask about an ios version. May work in dosbox as well...

http://advsys.net/ken/klab.htm

3. GhostMaker

Mar 1, 2014
    Ok, so basically if I really wanted to, I should contact the creator directly and ask if there's any plans for an ios version in the future...

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Worth checking. Tell him you love the game. How easy is it for someone to do an ios port if he gives permission etc. you never know

5. GhostMaker

Mar 1, 2014
    I guess it can't hurt to give it a try!

Cheers!