In need of games playable offline

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RussianBear, Apr 30, 2013.

1. RussianBear

RussianBear Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I am seeking some suggestions of games I can download to my ipad that I an play when I am offline. Preferably free games, but if they are $1, it's okay too.

I like strategy games, rpg games, war games.
    Currently I am playing Hunters 2, Spellcraft, and some Solitaire games.

I would appreciate some suggestions, if you really like a game, give me the name please, if it can be played offline.

Thanks

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Lead Wars!

3. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Most games can be played offline.

4. RussianBear

RussianBear Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Well most games I have played say "welcome to game center" when I enter the game, which means it's keeping track of something online, isn't it?

5. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Gamecenter works offline too.

6. Almost anything.

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Game Center leader board and rankings might not synch when offline but they are supposed to match up when you get to online. I have an iPod Touch at the mercy of whatever wifi spot I come across so mostly play games offline without problem.

If you want a worthy free game consider AurumnBlade. Also, the the price drops forum here... these days nothing is free except some of the temporary discounts that pop up in Price Drops.

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Block Fortress = Minecraft + Tower Defense + FPS with RPG elements
    It. Is. Amazing.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I play most games offline. I have an ipod touch so when i'm away from home i dont often have a signal.

I dont bother with game centre or anything like that anyway, far far more games are offline than online

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    THese arent a dollar, but Anomaly Warzone Earth and Anomaly Korea are at $2 each right now. They are among the best games on the appstore, and highly recommended if you havent played them yet.

They are mainly a strategy game (reverse tower defense where you attack instead of defend), and has a wargame theme, and the production values are sky high... 2 of the best $2 you'll have ever spent on apps.

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    If you like strat then Leviathan Warships and Eclipse are worth a look, but neither are anywhere near a dollar.

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    It does? Whenever I dont have a good connection my achievments and things like that dont sync up right when I unlock them with no internet connection.

13. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Gamecenter works offline, but it seems like whether it syncs up correctly when it gets online is quite another thing. I remember when GC was first introduced, you must be online for it to log achievements. Now it logs achievements even if you are offline, then syncs up when you get online, in most cases. I think it depends on how the game devs implement GC features into their game.

I don't care for it myself... like you, a lot of my game achievements aren't registered correctly.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the response, I wish it worked better because I def go after some or keep an eye on if I can do a few of them. Like King Cashing 2's GC achievements are awesome and well done.

15. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    99ยข? I think Alphadia 2 is on sale right now. Grab it before it goes back up to a tenner...