The May 2017 RPG Reload Play-Along: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, May 4, 2017.

1. uberdan101

uberdan101 Member

Jun 29, 2016
    This is possibly my favorite game ever made. I'm playing along, starting as a female scoundrel.

2. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    This will be my first replay with you guys. I am excited and I'm in. It just so happens I downloaded it again two days ago. I have not jumped back in yet because I can't get my steel series work with it. I am not sure of the issue but I am willing to play with touch controls if I can't get it working. Anyways Hello All!

3. cwoods474

cwoods474 New Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Project Manager- Environmental Industry
    Maryville, TN
    How odd. I was just learning about the play alongs this week and thought I would enjoy it if they did Knights of the Old Republic. Ive had the game for a while on my IPad and only played it sporadically. I'm in! Playing with a male Scout.

4. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Alright, this will be my first Play-Along. I've played this game dozens of times over the years and I re-downloaded yesterday just for the TA Play-Along. Should be fun.

This is hands down one of my favorite RPGs period. For the play through I am going with a female scoundrel. Here are my starting screens:

Attached Files:

5. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I remember getting to a Sith base and either getting lost or dying a lot. Which makes me wonder is grinding a thing in this game?

6. robinson29

robinson29 New Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Well I'm in.
    Always wanted to play this and think the Play-Along is such a great idea.
    First time for both.
    Thanks for doing this and I am excited to be a part of it.
    As a gamer that's a little long in the tooth I suspect I'll have lots of questions.
    Happy gaming everyone.

Chuck

7. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Oh well, this has dragged me in! There's no hope that I'll finish it in a month but I've had it since it came out and never really played beyond the intro. No idea why but this might help me get beyond there. Hope it's playable with touch screen

8. Mannimal

Mannimal Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I'm very tempted to give this a go. I love this game.

9. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Since I've played this before, I decided to go solo again. Not sure if it's doable but I'll go as far as I can. I know there are times when someone is forced into your party but I'm not going to level any character but my own and I'll go solo whenever it's possible. If I have to take someone with me, they will be naked and unarmed. Wish me luck!

Attached Files:

10. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Ballsy! Good luck with this I'd love to hear how it goes.

11. Mannimal

Mannimal Member

Aug 27, 2013
    What's everyone's thoughts on saving levels for when you become a Jedi? I usually go 5/15.

12. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah I think it's best to have as many Jedi level ups as possible. There's no way I'm going to be able to do that going solo though. I'll probably go 7/13 or 8/12.

13. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    So far so good. Haven't run into any major obstacles yet. Trying to get out of the Vulkar base at the moment.

Anyone else playing with a controller and having trouble with combat? I haven't found an easy way to choose battle commands so I just use the touch screen for combat and controller for movement. Movement on the touch screen can be a little frustrating.

14. crawfordmatt80

crawfordmatt80 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Web Designer
    Texas
    I'm In!

Guys, I rolled a Male Soldier and named him Finn. I know super original right? Lol

Attached Files:

15. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Mind explaining this? I'm reading it as at level 7 stop levelling up until you become a Jedi...?

16. Mannimal

Mannimal Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Indeed! The first planet drags enough with a group!

17. Mannimal

Mannimal Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Yea, that's the idea. If you save your level ups until you become a Jedi you get more force points/powers. I once saved all mine for the Jedi levels but the pre Jedi stage can be a real grind when you're under powered so I usually level 5/4 times to help it along a little.

18. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah that's it. You have a total of 20 levels. You'll get more force powers if you gain more levels as a Jedi.

Edit: Mannimal beat me to it.

19. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Thanks Rhess and Mannimal. Makes me feel way less bad about starting fresh and deleting my level 8 guy haha. Have never played into the Jedi parts

20. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Finally got off that Godforsaken planet. So far the only trouble I've had is with the Sith Base boss. Took about 15 tries and a lot of luck.

It's kind of amusing seeing everyone standing around in their underwear during the cut scenes.