The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Name That Film

"Xbox 360, Xbox 360"

-Seth Rogen

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3682 backtothis, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    I can't do that either. I only play two at once at a time, lol. Not too bad xP. That doesn't stop me from building up a huge backlog though.

Edit: Mortal Kombat is brutal as expected. Great fighter though. I think I'm going to enjoy Kingdoms of Amalur immensely. Another great RPG to play. ME and ME2 should be pretty similar to ME3, I'm guessing. Along with GoW, GoW2, Dark Souls, and Rayman Origins, that's enough 360 games to last me until mid-summer I'd say.

3. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finished the last act of GoW in like 30 minutes just now. Not sure if the game even lasted 8 hours, lol. Played through it on "hardcore" mode. I can definitely see why GoW became the most popular 360 TPS series though. I can't believe games looked this good just one year in for the console. Although the storyline was barely there unlike in GoW3, it was still a pretty fun experience. Going to run through the second game next week. I had no idea what they were trying to do in GoW until the relatively short end cutscene -_-.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    ME1 is pretty different, from 2 and 3. Oh and I also had the exact same opinion as you in regards to Gears of War 1, I think you'll like the second one more, as it is more like GoW3.

5. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Guess I'll see how it's different eventually. Probably not going to play ME + ME2 for a while. Just played up to Chapter 3 on Mortal Kombat..this is some of the funniest shit I've seen in a video game. No wonder people don't play fighters for the campaign, lmao.

6. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Thinking of selling KoA Reckoning and Skyrim to get Fifa Streets 4. It looks stunning, I have the demo and it's very fun. Should I sell Skyrim? I don't like playing games of I don't get achievements... And I've gotten all achievements on Skyrim and KoA is just boring now.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    17 retail games in after four months, I still have yet to check out a single XBLA title. I don't care about prices, so I'm wondering if there's a point in checking any of them out if I could just buy another new $60 title instead. Anything THAT good? I just care about my time. Haven't touched my 360 in a week since I've been playing Starcraft II nonstop.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Trials Evolution next week. Day 1 for me. I expect to get nearly endless play out of it. But it depends on what you like. Try the demos? Every XBLA title has one.

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol, fair enough I guess? I have no idea where to start though. Guess I'll go check out some top lists somewhere.

Started GoW2 earlier today. On Act 3 already. Looks like it's going to be another two-sitting game. The combat in the series is a little boring for me after playing through ME3. Definitely prefer the firefights in that game. Anyways, being inside a huge worm for half an hour was pretty disgusting. Probably won't touch the series again once I finish GoW2 up. Might play GoW3 on Live a few times if I feel like it I guess.

10. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I'd also recommend Shadow Complex, Geometry Wars 2 and castle crashers if you have a few friends to play with.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Two days until Trials Evolution! So excited! :)

12. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
  13. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Anyone plan on picking up The Witcher 2? Looks interesting...

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Halo 4. November 6th.

About time Master Chief is back. Such a better series than CoD. I hate modern shooters.

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Uh, isn't Halo a "modern shooter"???

Anyway, Trials Evolution tomorrow. Yeah!!!

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    No?.....

17. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Don't you mean 'modern military shooters?'

18. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Can't wait for Trials!! Keep checking for reviews but nothing as yet. The editor looks intriguing, very LBP stylee. :)

I loved Halo 3 multiplayer, though have hated the campaigns in every Halo. The trueskill ranking rather than the COD trend of constant levelling up, i wish they'd stuck with trueskill.

If i can pull myself away from Gears 3, i'll give the new Halo a go

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Trials Evo on metacritic. So far looking good:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/trials-evolution

Not that any of it matters. I'm buying it. :)

And if Halo isn't a "modern shooter", then what the heck is it? It sure looks and plays like a modern FPS to me. I like it fine, but it's not my favorite genre by any means. I did enjoy playing through the campaign in Halo Reach with friends.

20. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's a futuristic shooter, lol. Modern shooters are FPS like Battlefield and Call of Duty, where you die in a shot or two. The campaign in Reach was alright. Doesn't really compare to the multiplayer though.