Universal Republique - (by Camouflaj LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Yes, I'm getting pretty tired of it hogging the space on my iPad. It's taught me not to buy episodic games until they're complete. :(

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Apparently they have been working on chapters 4 and 5 simultaneously, and have just announced that the full game will release on PS4 early next year, so presumably we will get the remaining chapters before then.

3. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    They also put out a tweet earlier this month inviting players to visit their studio to playtest episodes 4 and 5, so hopefully they shouldn't be too far off.

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yep,i read The tweet,unfortunately i live in Italy..it seem that we see also a Remastered Version runnning Unity 5 Engine,For The latest devices,but You know that For The Two remain episodes Camouflaj Choose to not be self Publisher and they only Developed,Gung Ho America will be The Publisher. i Really hope they Don't Change Something..

5. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #685 oldsnake, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Just an Heads Up Before Ep 4,5 came out.
    Looking at Lot Of Youtube WALKTROUGH of The first 3 episodes,The Comments Like "I Lost all,Where My Previous Ability? i see lot of confusion and a Wrong way to play them.
    FAQ About Saves and continue:
    1)if You never play Touch "Play" Icon,It Ask You to Choose From "Story Mode"and Normal Mode" The Story Mode it's more easier,You don't encounter every Guard,if You never play it's The Best way to Start,When You have enough confidence about how The Game works,Change to Normal Mode.Note: in Story Mode You can't have all cardbridge GAMES,cause You not encounter all The guards.
    2) After finish The First episode,You can continue in New Game+.It Means that if You Missing Some Game Cardbridge,Zager Tapes,Book,You can finish to collect them.once You have complete at 100% The Ep(You can see this from in game,go in Omni Wiev,Touch The icon with The stats.
    3)Start The Ep 2,here is The confusion i see,You Need to select The saveslot where You have played The First Ep,then Touch Ep 2 and it started.Doing so You carry with You all The money,ability From previous Ep on Data Broker,and all Books,Game Cartbridge,and all,same apply When You play Ep 3.From The Same Saveslot.If You Choose another Save,it doesn't carry anything,and also The Game advise You "You're About To Create a New Pre-Set File,This can't Be Done,You Need To Play The Episode In Orders".
    If You played all 3 Ep at 100%,The Saveslot Say 60%,every Ep Are 20%,once complete all 5 Ep become 100%.
    Edit: I Wrote this cause lot of People it's confusing seeing 6 saveslots,and The first thing One can imagine it's that every Ep Need to be Played in a new Saveslot,But this Instead it's The Wrong Way to Play Them. Hope Can Help To Someone.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Redownloaded the app on newer iPhone 6 iOS 8.4.1 and it crashes on startup even after restarting my phone. Why isn't is working?!?

7. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Because middle finger straight up to us who bought it on iOS to support them. Because middle finger straight up to us now that they have it on PC and they don't rush into respecting the original supporters and delivering the promised 5 episodes. Because, because, because...

It's clearly iOS 9 broke it (like it broke others) and they still haven't updated it... But what's even more bothering is that they don't seem like caring enough to at least warn people on the AppStore page. But don't worry! You will soon be able to play it on PS4. Now ain't you happy about that?

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well evidently iOS 8.4.1 broke it. Pretty sure I had it on my old phone on 8.4 and it worked. Yeah, I've felt a little swindled on this one. And from what I've read, who knows if we'll be able to play the last two episodes on the same devices that we originally played episode 1 on. Quite disappointed all around. I would feel a little better if I could at least replay episodes 1-3 on my newer device running 8.4.1. But I guess that's just not compatible at the moment.

I recommend avoiding this one for now if anyone's thinking of picking it up. Without a guarantee of it getting finished, let alone even open and run on your device, it's best to not buy this right now.

9. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Yes, you're right, 8.4.1 broke it first, sorry. The thing is, 9 would have probably broken it anyway but without content, or updates somewhere about its situation it's not even the worst thing (I think). Huge disappointment and I doubt I can trust them with a day 1 purchase in the future.

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Definitely agree! I regret committing to all 5 episodes upfront. They still haven't released 4 or 5, I've heard there's a possibility that they won't work on older devices/iOS versions, AND they can't even keep episodes 1-3 constantly working on current iOS versions. Really disappointed I can't even enjoy half of what I've already paid for.

11. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It has just been announced that Episode 4 will release next week on December 17th.

12. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Nice, but I am gonna wait til Ep. 5 is out before I play it. Ep 3's save decided to delete itself halfway through after an update or device migration and I don't want to run the risk of that happening again (thanks, Apple.)

It shouldn't be too long (early 2016, they say) because it was developed alongside Ep 4.

I look forward to getting all the GBs of this game off my phone. (And the game, too!)

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I probably won't be downloading it again until episode 5 hits. But they've already got the sale from me, so no money lost for them. I just really hope that they update the app to work on iOS 8.4.1 and later. I mean, it still just crashes on launch for me right now.

14. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I haven't had any problems with the game crashing with any iOS version. I recently moved everything over to the iPad Pro and the game is still working fine with the latest version of iOS 9.2. And it kept my game progress without any problems, unlike older versions of the game that kept losing my progress every time there was an update released.

15. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #695 oldsnake, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Same here.Republique Episode 4: God's Acre will have big changes.
    she's in surface now,as you know,No weapons,as she had a Single enemy to avoid in the entire episode,you can't stun him.
    Let's see how Gameplay evolve.I Recently open the App for play EP 3,and my save still there,at 60% of the all 3 episodes completed 100%.but he Warning me that with EP 4 I can't play episodes backwards.

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    To be fair, quite a few games crash on launch for me. And that's after I got a new phone and refrained from JBing it. So, im at a loss for why all these games just won't work for me. Maybe some kind of GC bug? Who knows?!

17. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    I can't believe that we're nearly two years removed from Episode 1's release and the game still isn't fully complete. This is my favorite mobile game by far, but it's a challenge to recommend to other people because you can only play 4/5ths of it as of now. I'm looking forward to the day when I can sit down and just binge-play through the entire thing for the intended effect. Is this the slowest episodic game release of all-time?

I'm really looking forward to Episode 4, though I am not too sure about the shift in gameplay style. However, I am curious to see exactly where the story goes from here.

18. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Episode 4 is out now.

19. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Can't see it :/

20. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    @Candykiller:it's This Normal? Before the Update Was 1.6GB the App,Now it's 3.3Gb only the App.i Choose my ICloud Slot,Ep 1,2 show as Completed,and that rights,Ep 3 Show "Locked"instead then Completed"Continue New Game+"if I touch it says "you have to download Previous Ep in order to play Ep 3,but Ep 4 show Download,then Play.i can play Ep 4 but Ep 3 remain locked.Then 7.6GB?