If you could change anything about ios gaming, Apple, or IOS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by coolpepper43, May 11, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    In this thread you can wish of what you would like to see changed in IOS, ios gaming, or Apple.
    I wish more games were premium with virtually zero iap unless to tip the dev.
    IOS was a little more open. It would be great to see some sort of happy medium between IOS and androids openness/freedom.
    Apple to stop fighting the jailbreakers but embrace them.
    Ios products to have micro sd slot and removable battery. Stop sacrificing potential battery space for thinness.
    Apple to never go buttonless. I hate this virtual button movement that has been going on in android. I think there is an important place for physical buttons. I am always afraid that I will press them.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #2 september, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    I wish developers would stop chucking in ads, changing models, turning a premium game into a locked demo or freemium title post a paid release
    I also wish consumers would support and pay an appropriate amount for titles on release

But the two are contradictory without both changing, developers need to stop burning supporters for them to pay full price, and consumers need to pay full price and stop waiting for sales or a title to go free for developers to be fully supported.

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Stop devs making games for smartphones, portable games should be exclusive to dedicated handheld machines like nintendos and sonys gadgets. Banish the AppStore completely. That is what is like to see, so in return we can see quality tiltes, instead of ad-infested monstrosities.

*runs away from hate messages*

4. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    @Gov Man totally agree with you

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Congratulations on being the TA forums biggest troll.

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Ignore him.

Saansilt would add more dinosaur games, FPSes, TPSes, RPGs, Open world. Etc.

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    If you hate the existence of iOS games, why are you here?

8. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
  9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sounds crazy but the cheap prices. I would raise the minimum price for apps, also change the app store so its like Android where i think you get about 30 minutes with a game before you can get a refund.

Dont allow devs to lower prices below the minimum price. Its a double edged sword, devs need money, i like to buy games on release so the dev gets more money (and moan at the cheapskates for waiting) but then they lower the price a week or two later so i think thats the point ?

Like the thought process of Wayward Souls, raise the price by a dollar everytime theres an update !

If the devs make more money we 'may' seen less and less freemium. At the end of the day devs go freemium as it makes more money so you cant blame them. When a great premier priced game appears we should all support it

10. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I agree with everything you said except this. People will be less attracted to the game after a while. And raising the price would be shooting yourself in the foot.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well its quite unique i'll give them that. Be interesting to see if this has worked for the dev or not. Too many people wait a week or two just to hopefully save a dollar in case of a price drop, find this quite funny that this app goes up in price.

12. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Get rid of consumable in-app purchases entirely. I'm fine with expansion packs, or service subscription fees.

Disallow ad networks (iAd included) in paid software, with "paid software" being set in stone at the app launch.

Allow direct downloads of old versions, so we don't have to curate our own collection of app backups just in case a developer pulls a Spell Sword.

It's all wishful thinking, of course, since this kind of slimy consumer hostile crap clearly makes money for developers and Apple.

13. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'd love the ability to delete the preloaded crap that comes preinstalled.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ugh. Newsstand.