Best Match 3 app for the iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tecwrtr, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    My favorites are:

Peppers - great looking match 3 game with a variety of play modes. Has the added benefit of being universal. The variety of game modes keep me coming back to this one.

Azkend HD - I like this one a lot. Very nice graphics with a story mode tacked on. Some people complain about the fact that they could take up more of the screen with the tiles, but personally the background images are used to good effect giving a nice feel to the game.

Steamballs - I like the feel of this one more than Dreamballs. Dreamballs is cute, but it just felt like it went on and on with no reason to want to do so.

2. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    @Qordobo

Sorry, didn't mean to misquote you! I greatly prefer Steamballs...if it goes on sale, give it a try. I bet you will like it better than Dreamballs. 7 Wonders is okay, just not as interesting as Call of Atlantis or some of the others. It is a mumbo jumbo app...it was nice to see you not hating on them in the Samantha Swift thread. 7 Wonders is very pretty, I'd recommend it, just not as strongly as Call of Atlantis.

3. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    It seems I really need try Steamballs despite it seems very close to Dreamballs. I would believe 7 Wonders be better, but well, Call of Atlantis is very good and the comparison to it is a challenge.

In fact about Match 3, I'm currently playing Luxor, very good, too bad it is so dry. I tried another one more cute and with special power up if I remember well but it had awful controls. Luxor is centered only on the base idea but develop it well, no doubt I'll finish it soon.

For Azkend HD, I tried the demo some time ago and dislike it a lot just because I found it tedious, but why I feel it like this I don't remember at all.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Another that has not been mentioned is Bitflip HD. A pretty fun game, and holds my attention well. Lots of different skins.

Price varies quite a lot as well. There are frequent sales if you want to wishlist it.

5. MMP

MMP Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Thanks for the mention of bitFLIP HD ... we just updated it to improve its stability which got us killed in the ratings (super crashy when the first iPad update went out, but its solid now).

6. Jane55

Jane55 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Smailes HD and Puzzle Quest are my favourite, Peppers is not bad too! :D:rolleyes:

7. 2wicky

2wicky Active Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Game Director
    Vancouver
    Some newer ones...

Zookeeper DX (single) or Battle (multi)
    Candy Crush

8. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Hey there!

Could it be, that devil invasion is gone?!? I can't find it in the german appstore... And I was looking since puzzle quest was released, to find a similar game. *snif*

9. MsRaeJae

MsRaeJae Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Office Manager
    Raleigh,NC
    Yes, Candy Crush is addictive!