What games do you want but can't get?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Jan 2, 2011.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    What are games that you want to get but can't purchase because your device is too old. For me, its Dungeon Defenders. Looks so fun but can't get it for my 2g.:(

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I've been tempted by one game I couldn't run on my third gen the annoying thing is I know it actually runs on the third gen models except for the higher def fonts being hard/impossible to read, so really there is no excuse for the developer not supporting it.

I'm referring to X-plane HD but since then I've purchased one of the x-planes (extreme) and wasn't very impressed anyway I'm not saying their terrible but no way are they worth the prices they charge.

My advice start saving for a 5th Gen or something new like the Samsung galaxy player. I'm not sure what direction I'll go myself I guess I'll wait and see what hardware's out at the time and how it compares. Apple better add more storage though or I'm already gone.

3. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    The game I want the most but can't have is Total Annihilation... Because it doesn't exist.

I think an iPad port of the old RTS game Total Annihilation would be so awesome.

4. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    I can't believe developers have went backwards so much that simple 2D games with low-res sprites are incompatible with 2nd gen devices now (all new Gamevil releases, all Cave games, this new SEED-clone RPG that I forgot the name, and many others). It is beyond me what they hope to accomplish by purposely making simple games like that lag on older devices, or too lazy to make them more memory-efficient or whatever the computer jargon is. Force people to buy all iPhone 4's? Some kind of Apple commission program?

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

sometimes it's not about the graphics, the CPU in the 2.nd and 1.st gen iDevices (not including the iPad) is slower... and there is alot less ram.

6. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    I don't know much about these handheld technology, but I'm pretty sure a game like Chaos Rings would be much more CPU intensive than a sprite-based side-scroller like Illusia. but Chaos Rings runs perfectly without lag on my iPhone 3G, yet Illusia lags like hell. There's definitely something wrong with Gamevil's coding compared to SE's coding.

7. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Good question.

Lately, my pickiness and budget constraints have been more of a hindrance than my iPod's hardware. If I had unlimited financial resources, I'd probably get Real Racing 2, Street Fighter IV, Plants vs. Zombies, and maybe Gangstar 2.

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Have every game I want, but I wouldn't mind a portable Tales of Symphonia. Ideally though on the 3DS or PSP2, not an iDevice.

9. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Well, I want a lot of games. I can't get them because I don't have much money. :p

10. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Real Racing 2 :( it looks terrible pixel doubled