Jet Car Stunts 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by unbrokenchain33, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Now that true skate is out, hopefully it's full steam ahead on this.

Fast

2. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I'm guessing that True Skate's rise to the top of the charts has them more focused on maintaining that game for now.

3. Tmsunrise

Tmsunrise Member

May 2, 2012
    Cant wait

I cant wait for jcs 2. Hope true axis replies soon to this thread on more info and time of release. I love true skate too. Its a very good game and cant stop playing. I also remember from older posts that true axis was gonna reduce the quality of the game a bit so that older idevices could play the game. That sucks but could u guys make a separate app for newer devices or device detection to enable the higher quality things for a5/a6 devices? I remember one if the things that were thrown out was the high quality jet burner because the older devices couldnt support it. Could u guys add things like that back? Thanks for reading this post. KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK GUYS!

4. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, True Skate has turned into a bit distraction, and was a couple months later finished then planned. Before releasing True Skate, I hired another programmer to try to give us a chance to finsih of JCS2 sooner, however, he is now distracted with some JCS porting work that was originally outsource to somebody else who had to back out of the project half way through.

Also, we have been badly pushed behind by things like OpenFeint disappearing, and starting work on our own server stuff instead. Especially since we need to handle the level editor creations.

I think it's time to be realistic and addmit JCS2 is no longer going to arrive in 2012.

It's been a bit of a rough ride of the last couple years, with Andy leaving and trying to finish off Space Tripper my self with little motivation, then it selling much lower then even my low expectations, after it was a couple years late. If we had of canned that project earlier, we might have got JCS2 ages ago.

I wish we had of just kept updating JCS rather then starting JCS2 now. The current plan for JCS2 is to keep updating rather then try to make a sequal again anytime soon.

The older devices are out now, which might let us smooth out some of the rougher bits of the levels and through around some extra polygons, although, the tracks are already pretty smooth.

5. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #165 xStatiCa, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    It is refreshing to see a developer keeping us informed of what is really going on in the development process.

I am looking forward to your future games. I personally wasn't in to the space tripper type game but I bought it anyway to help with future developments... Not that my few dollars meant much :).

Have you thought about a kickstarter type campaign? Not that I think you must do that to succeed. I just think it would be an interesting experiment. A kickstarter for JCS2 to help get it finished and the user would get a gift code for the game when it is released. Some people such as myself are willing to pay more for a game they really like. The big thing for me with kickstarter is some of the extras you might get with paying more.... Like name in the game, custom car paint job for a $1000 investment(only 1 available), etc. some examples like that. I know I would contribute probably $50 toward it depending in the perk at that price :).

6. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's a bit sad to have to let it slide, I hate to not deliver, I used to be really good at hitting deadlines when working for publishers, but, it can be a lot harder when working for your self.

But, unless I get hit buy a bus, JCS2 will come out. The only reason I made sure Space Tripper got finished was because it had been promised on our website so long and I didn't want to let people down, however, it would have been much more sensible to cancel. Ironically, I think it is our highest rated game on the App Store with user reviews, although, I guess that is because mostly, the people who bought it, really wanted it.

Somebody else suggested a Kick Starter for JCS2, however, it wont be necessary. A lot of the work is already done, all the cars are finished 100% with sound, and most of the tracks at least have a rough cut done. (Although, I want to go through and add more of my personal touch)

7. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #167 RaptorF35, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    So what's a timeframe you're shooting for? Q1, Q2 of 2013 or later?

Either way, it's an instabuy in my book. I normally don't buy games til at least I've seen a video and some reviews, but this is a big exception.

This may have been asked before, what price are you considering? From what I've heard of the game, I would suggest $6.99 with no IAP to start off, adding $.99 or $1.99 (depending on the number of maps) map packs later on.

One more question: I heard something about a trailer earlier in this thread, when can we expect this?

Don't take these questions as a demanding customer, but as a curious, patient one.. ;)

Don't overwork yourself! :)

8. Tmsunrise

Tmsunrise Member

May 2, 2012
    Any updates?

9. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We will aim for either Q1 or Q2 of 2013. Need to get a better plan together before I am more sure, but I have so many things to worry about right now.

10. Tmsunrise

Tmsunrise Member

May 2, 2012
    #170 Tmsunrise, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    Ok thank u for the reply!!! Keep up the awesome work. Oh yeah and whats the difference between a boardslide and railslide? Some rails say boardslide somesay railslide even though im doing the exact same thing. And im pretty sure its with specific rails (true skate)

11. Tmsunrise

Tmsunrise Member

May 2, 2012
    Any new updates

Any new updates or news on this

12. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Ipod 4support unlikely...
    Guess I need a new device.

13. Tidus FFX

Tidus FFX Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Please update Jet Car Stunts, missing the game center, you have to remove open and update the game to the screen resolution of the iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5G, serious deficiencies for a game perhaps abandoned by developers

14. .Asa

.Asa Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I love jet car stunts
    I can't wait for the sequel
    Does anyone know how much it will cost or if there will be IAPs?

15. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Wow, I can not for my life believe that this thread is 2 1/2 years old and there have been no screenshots or video at all...period.

Thinking back to the original jet car stunts, I remember seeing photos and video of the game and Still waiting forever for it to come out.

At this rate, we'll be lucky to see it arrive in 2013, or to come out at all.

I don't mean to be a downer, but one of the first few posters thought it sucked in 2010 that it wasn't coming until 2011...wow, such contrast.

Jet car stunts was always so amazing and the fact that it is so original and no clones have come along, I think it would be safe to show some screenshots.
    Maybe there aren't any to show.

I am a big fan of the talent true axis carries (the staff is like 1 or 2 guys?).

I really hope we are closer to a release than I think.

I hope I am dead wrong on everything I have posted.

16. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Wow, I can't believe it was first outed way back in June 2010! I still have fond memories of the original Jet Car Stunts and hope that everything is working out well for JCS2.

17. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm really sorry to let everybody down with all the delays in JCS2, but there is no reason to think it wont come out.

There have been so many things get in the way. We where 2 people when JCS2 was announced, and Space Tripper was meant to be almost finished, and I was trying to hire more people for JCS2 to get it done quickly. Instead, the company became Just me, and I decided to finish of space tipper my self, which I didn't know any of the code, and had no motivation, except to make sure True Axis finally delivered on its promise.

I had many distractions that where much bigger then expected, and some experimental projects that went no where. JCS ports that dragged on. Throwing money away on an outsourced game. I was outsourcing level design for JCS2 which was always way behind schedule. With all the lack of progress I ran into huge motivational issues.

With JCS2 moving slowly, I decided I could finish of True Skate quicker which had been going for a long time so I decided to 100% focus on that first. Then OpenFeint anounced it's migration to Gree which doesn't have the features True Skate or JCS2 required, which was a huge set back. I started work on our own server code, which I ended up abandoning for the release of True Skate, but it will be really important for JCS, as well as later True Skate updates.

I was still hoping to get JCS2 out in 2012 as well some how, but really, having to do the server code made that impractical. James Gale joined True Axis towards the end of True Skate which was an enormous help (I used to work with James back at Firemint), which gave me hope that we might find a way to get JCS2 out, however, instead, a porting contract I had subcontracted out ran into trouble, and the only thing to do was to bring it back in house to finish it off, which Killed any remaining hopes of finishing of JCS in 2012. Instead we ended up putting more effort into True Skate updates, but we are starting too move back onto JCS2 again now. I want to finish that game off so badly now!!! We are going to have a lot of True Skate distracts to juggle too, but things are moving along much better now.

18. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Keep doin' what you're doin'! : ) Jet Car Stunts has always been my favorite iOS game and True Skate is crazy fun. Whether you focus on JCS2 or more TS content I will be thrilled. Everyone else.... Patience!

19. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI

Thanks for the post Luke

It makes a lot more sense after reading your post.

I really do wish you guys all the best and I want to be more positive about JCS2.

I guess it just got to me that we are going into a new year and I pictured 2010-2011-2012-2013

Just a moment of panic :)

Best of luck and I can't wait to see some screens in the new year!

20. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Will and iPod 3rd/4th gen be compatible?