Carcassonne Play Style

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Paradiso, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I recently started playing on my iPad, and it's great so far. I was wondering, whats your general playing style/strategy?

I've played people that go out of their way to be offensive, then there's people that stay and build in one corner for the whole game.

2. Mistrya

Mistrya Member

Jun 7, 2010
    #2 Mistrya, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
    I like to turn score at the end by conquering the most of the fields ;)

Also, invading cities, and even struggle to conquering them fully is great fun. But risky.

On the other side. i'm not "into roads" type of player, also i don't like chopping small amount of scores, like 2 tiles cities, small road curves... 2, 3, 4 up to 5 points, and things of that nature.

I love to build up cities of 10+ points and acclaim/close them as mine.

3. Gh05t

Gh05t Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Carcassonne also offers the opportunity to have cooperative play or temporary truces. Two or more can cooperatively contribute to a city; the logic being that two of you sharing points to beat the other player(s) is better than fighting it out and both losing. Carcassonne offers the opportunity to build up these unspoken alliances throughout the game. If you own the field then you may think about helping out the cities within that field. Its not a straight up grind out your opponent game that many Americans are used to and is a different temperament to say Risk or even that of Civilization. There is an aspect of mutual growth/destruction in the nuances of the game.

4. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I like the teamwork aspect of it a lot. I try to capitalize on any opportunity thatll have a fast meeple return though. The logic being that a quick road segment or two tile city is better than risking losing it in some cases.

My wish for the iOS version is expansions first, then online quick play with more than one person. Unfortunately most of my friends with iPhones aren't into Carcassonne.