new reign of swords pics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by hazmat95, Jun 13, 2009.

1. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Yes!!! I loved the first game and I'm definitely gonna be checking this one out. Didn't know they were making another one though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Graphics-wise, it doesn't seem to be much of an improvement but there are new troops and abilities it seems! Looks great. Wonder when the release date is. It's probably gonna be $4.99

2. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    im really physced for this also!

3. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Woot! This looks so good. Loved the first one, I'm sure I'll love this one. Was hoping they would upgrade the graphics, but whatever.

4. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Despite the fact that I'm super-hyped for this, I'm kinda disappointed that they chose to make an entirely new game instead of just updating the first one. I guess they needed money to cover costs or something but still. Well, the first one was full-featured and fun anyways.

5. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

the first one was released in September 08, so it's time to release the new one, and to make profit :)

PS just bought the original for 0.99

6. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I have just recently finished the first one and I loved it - so much quality content. This is day one purchase for me. I only hope that it has turn by turn multiplayer à la Uniwar, because I didn't like the first one's "multiplayer" at all. I wonder which unit(s) don't make a return, because allegedly it will be possible to import an army and continue using the units unique to th RoS1 in RoS2.
    No info on release date, I suppose?

7. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    jeez, :eek: what is with all of these new turn based strategy games. Mecho wars, uniwar, rouge planet, now this. Will this become the next overpopulated game type in the app store? I knew something had take the position now that tower defense games are dying down.

8. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #9 Isilel, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
    Well, to be fair "this" has been here before them all. Reign of Swords was one of the first complex games on the Appstore and IMHO while not as pretty as the competition, is still one of the best.
    Now they are finally finishing a long overdue sequel, which hopefully will have a turn-by-turn multiplayer like Uniwar's - the only feature that RoS 1 still lacks to leave other turn-based strategy offerings completely in the dust gameplay-wise, IMHO.

9. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I remember they released a free version with 3 countries, just kept playing that one for so many months until I got it maybe 3 months ago.

10. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Yes, for some reason that first raid mission in RoS1, which is included in the Lite, is just the toughest of them all. I have seldom had to re-play any mission in the full game - although I often won just by the skin of my teeth, which are the best victories.
    But I played that first raid as a defender for half a dozen times and couldn't win. That scared me away from buying the full game for the longest time, sadly :(.

When I finally caved in I had tons of fun with it - it has more content than the vast majority of Appstore games ad the gameplay is very entertaining and deep.

11. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    The old free version had three countries to take over versus the one in the current lite version. The old free version was pretty much like the paid version and all I did was battle people online for a month. Then, I lost all my troops so I stopped playing. Forgot to upload them, then download again into the full version.

12. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Heh. much as I adored the single-player, I couldn't warm up to the multi-player. Watching the AI kill my troops with bone-headed moves just made my blood boil. I guess it is all about learning what troop make-up works best for the given map , taking into account the quirks of AI?
    I really, really want a proper multiplayer for the N°2. Careful tactics is what I loved RoS1 single-player for.

You lost the troops because you forgot to upload? But if you were playing online, they should have been uploaded already? I thought that it was impossible to lose troops through defeats online, or was I overlooking something?

13. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
  14. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Great! Will be submitted later this month - well, sorry competitors, I am waiting for this. Has a proper multiplayer, too. I wonder if the single-player will be as lengthy as in RoS1? And if it will be still possible to transfer the army from the firstgame? In any case, can't wait!

15. mek

mek Well-Known Member

bought this for 10 bucks when it came out last september, 08...loved it, never beat the last battle though...with that massive castle seige in a limited number of turns...i forget the name of the battle

it was worth it for the 10 bucks...back then.....

the gameplay was awesome...but for a sequel...i would think and hope they offer a lot more gameplay, missions, random play...not just online...i am a fan of a random play against the cpu, when i dont have wifi...

not sure if i am going to pick this up initially , since there are so many other games i am caught up in at the moment..

when is the release date?

16. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Oh yes! I would love turn-based multiplayer. I really don't like the multiplayer system they have now. It just doesn't appeal to me.