Machine Knights (first FTP RPG by Kemco)

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by awp69, Apr 17, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Kemco's latest RPG came out today, Machine Knights, and what's interesting is that it's their first attempt at freemium. They've added IAPs in their last couple of releases so they must be selling them. Description says the game can be played all the way through without IAP and it's just for more powerful weapons and non-essential dungeons.

Haven't played it yet, but again going by the description, it sounds like a bit like Dark Gate with a more intricate job system, etc., than their other RPGs.

A little saddened if they're going to go completely to the freemium route. They've got great RPGs and just hope that the FTP model doesn't either ruin gameplay or lead them to not make the money they deserve. Hope it's a good balance as I really have liked what this company has put out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kemco.hitpoint.machine

2. josue85

josue85 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    From the sounds of it, it can be easily finished without having to shell out any extra cash. the IAP is geared towards powerful items and extra quests.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Right. Just hope the game makes money. If it doesn't, I worry about whether they'll make freemium IAPs necessary in future releases....or, hopefully, go back to premium. I just don't like to see any good quality devs go the freemium route. It's disconcerting. Much rather support a dev with a premium price because they deserve the money, but also like to know what it costs up front.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I guess all those people, like myself, who were waiting for the next KemCo $0.99 sale finally got their just dessert.