Doom Classic or Wolfenstein?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tzual, Dec 10, 2009.

?

Doom Classic or Wolfenstein?

1. Doom Classic

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. Wolfenstein

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Which game do you like better? Doom Classic or the regular Wolfenstein (not Wolfenstein RPG)

2. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I enjoyed doom classic far more.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Doom. I believe they have updates planned too so you might end up getting even more bang for your buck (someone else confirm, pretty sure Carmack mentioned it in an article).

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    well both games are great...but doom all the way more episodes more levels....its DOOM!

5. thewiirocks

thewiirocks Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Expert Software Engineer
    #5 thewiirocks, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    I can't necessarily disagree with the comments that say "Doom", but I will point out that Wolfenstein is only $1.99. And for that $1.99 you get a lot of content. You get the original 3 episodes (10 levels each!), plus another 3 episodes known as the "Nocturnal Missions", PLUS the entire retail bundle of Spear of Destiny!

The only thing they didn't throw in were the so-called "Lost Missions" (which are actually owned by FormGen) and the kitchen sink.

Actually, I take that second part out. ID *did* include the kitchen sink. You can create your own levels to download for the game! (Though don't bother with ID's instructions. Just use WDC. It exports the iPhone MAP format directly.)

So while Doom may be a better game overall, Wolfenstein is the better value.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way associated with ID Software or their games. However, I do love the Wolfenstein 3D iPhone app. I've even started a website to trade maps. I've also been hacking the source code to see if I can improve it.
    ________
    Iolite Review