What so good about Sword & Sworcery?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nudawa, Mar 28, 2012.

1. nudawa

nudawa Member

Jan 22, 2012
    I dont know why peoples are screaming about this game as a masterpiece.

I myself don't see anything good about this game. It's boring, bad graphics (looks like 80s games and I dont see any "art" in this kind of graphics) and carelessly-done sound and very very boring gameplay.

This is the discussing box and this is my opinions so I welcome arguments, not flaming some war here.

2. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Well I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with this sentiment, but I kind of felt the same way you felt. I bought it for 0.99, and wasn't really impressed. The story quickly got boring for me, and it wasn't all that interesting. Not to say it's not a great game, but rather just not my type of game. I did enjoy the soundtrack, but didn't like much else.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Nothing I thought it was garbage.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh dear god...

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I get 'some' of your point, i dont mind this game, think it actually looks great but the gameplay is rather slow. As so many people raved about it i was expecting something stunning, even though i like it the hype killed it a bit for me.

'Bad graphics' ?? Woahhhhh ! Its not bad graphics, its retro graphics. In 20 years time i bet you'll be looking back at some old games you used to play and enjoy them, then your kid will say something stupid like 'why are you playing that game, it looks awful' and youl'l be the same as us and say 'its not just about the graphics....'

Like i say i can understand youre not keen on the slow gameplay, but the graphics ? Its just a great copy of old 80's classics to me, theres a lot of retro style graphics on iOS with games which play superbly. I bet you hate Kale in Dinoland then with those retro Gameboy graphics!

7. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I agree that this game is not for everyone, but "carelessly done sound"?!?!??!?! That just pains me to say the least. The game has hands down the best music of any game on the iOS, nothing comes close.

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I loved the graphics and the soundtrack, but other then that I could not see what the fuss was all about. I got stuck after an hour or so of playing and I have not felt compelled to go back. One of these days...

9. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I really like the game. It's the combination of music and visuals that initially drew me in. Once I got to play the game, the "chill" atmosphere sets the scene for an interesting old-school adventure that is more of one of those art/experience games.

I totally understand why people don't enjoy the game but it just clicked for me.

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I agree with you. I think it's a really well-made game, it just isn't my kind of thing.