iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate you all sticking with us.

I got Pocket Heroes running on my iPhone 5 this weekend so I thought I'd share a screen shot with you.

[​IMG]

As you could probably guess the main advantage to the new screen size is that you can see a lot more of the battlefield at once. I also think it makes the interface feel less crowded since there is more space for everything to reside.

We're still working on the Raid and Hero Board update. Now that we've got the game working with iOS 6 we've got to test the Hero Board functionality a little more and continue refining the levels. I'll keep you updated as we get closer to submission.

2. Strange Brew

Strange Brew Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Financial systems analyst
    MN
    Looking very forward to the update! Keep us posted, thanks Brandon.

3. doncorazon

doncorazon Active Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Been awhile since i've been on these boards - came here while googling "pocket heroes what does agility do"

anyway, now that I am here, glad to see an active thread, and just want to say I've been greatly enjoying this game ever since i came out. I've got a lvl 8 paladin and lvl 8 rogue cruising along. thanks to the devs for a great game!

4. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    Brandon, any word on the update? When to expect it? Are we still getting updates?!

Thanks much!

5. Brandon Pollet

It's still coming! We're submitting a new build to our publisher this weekend for testing. Hopefully, after their review, we'll have a good idea of when the update will be hitting the app store.

6. smiffee666

smiffee666 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    UK
    #866 smiffee666, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    have just finished pt1 and am gutted it's over!! been playing it with my fiance and we both love this game to bits (niggles aside ha ha)
    please hurry up with the nxt installment, having withdrawal symptoms now!!! oh and can't wait for iphone 5 support either, not sure why but my notifications don't seem to work on it now.....great game tho guys, keep up the good work.

7. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    I'm with ya there, man, completely agree.

Try logging in and out on your device to see if that fixes your notifications.

8. smiffee666

smiffee666 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    UK
    #868 smiffee666, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    cool, cheers for that bud, ill give that a try!! fingers crossed cos this game a pain withno notifications!!

9. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    Soooooo, Brandon, this game dead then when it comes to updates/bug fixes.

Just spawned off map on a start of a new quest. Sigh.

10. Brandon Pollet

Not dead, I'm still working on the update. I've had to move to working on it in the evenings and it's slowed my progress but we're very close now! I've included a screen shot of the new level select screen that will let you start a game from the beginning, from level 2, so you don't have to play the tutorial over and over, or start one of the new randomly selected raid levels.

[​IMG]

If you spawned off the map it has to be quest 7 ( a bug which will be fixed in this update ), so if you can PM me your email on the account and the character name I can move him back to your party.

11. hobbitrjw27

hobbitrjw27 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    So are raid quests going to potentially generate enemies that may be beyond the level of the party's characters or will this be scaled?

12. Brandon Pollet

All the enemies in the game scale to the current average party level so you should be able to run them with any group. I'm not saying it won't be difficult with 4 brand new characters but it should provide a challenge all the way up and down the scale.

These first raid maps take enemy combinations that weren't present in the main campaign and pair them up in interesting combinations. So you'll get the chance to fight in some combat situations that you haven't seen before, and of course there will be a bunch of loot to find.

I've also built these levels to be much less linear so you'll have more opportunity to branch out and explore in your search for riches.

13. hobbitrjw27

hobbitrjw27 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    This is good news. I have a few thoughts of my own on improvements to this game.

-random matchmaking: needs to have a better algorithm to it to where it NEVER matches you with inactive people. My suggestion is adding in a system where after X number of days of inactivity, the user is removed from the random matching system. If they become active later, they get added back in.

I don't mind the tutorial level myself, but I feel it should at least yield more gold than anything else. It's frustrating when you die on a later quest but don't have the gold to pay for revival.

14. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Active Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Is there a way to recover the user password? (+username?)

Lost my account info... Wanted to install on my iP5.

15. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    That's great news Brandon! I thought we were SOL on PH evolving.

Is there a possibility of deleting characters/games with the next update?

Thx.

16. waynebear

waynebear Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I hope update coming out soon... It's been a long while

17. krztoff

krztoff Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Dead game is dead

18. blindspot

blindspot Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Scholarly Publisher
    Berkeley, CA
    Having finished it quite a while ago, but still playing it with friends who have yet to finish it, it does feel kind of like an aborted experiment now.

I think the basic model of the app could succeed, but they'd have to add quite a bit more to it.

19. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    Brandon!!!

Is this game dead? I mean I still play it but are we getting that update?!

Pleeeeaaassssse!!!

20. waynebear

waynebear Member

Jul 12, 2012
    My hope is slowly dying