Universal Organ Trail: Director's Cut - (by The Men Who Wear Many Hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #101 Primoz, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    They're obviously doing that for advertisement. And I disagree with you - you payed for what you downloaded, not for all the upcoming updates (although we are too used to FREE updates on mobile devices (less and less with all the IAPs though)) so be happy with what you (will) get. I mean some updates / extension packs for PC games cost up to 50 bucks.

2. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    It's not like we haven't been supporting the game since launch. There's even a new update currently in review. Come on man... We wanted to find something you guy would like. Something we could add if we got support. You aren't entitled to free content forever and ever. We have to pay bills and shit too. All we are asking for is for you to click something. I mean... it might as well be free.

The alternative is that we do IAP bs and I hate that. We're trying something different because we thought you would like it. I'm sorry if you don't see it that way.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Iap that has content like more story isn't bad it's bad when devs use it has a quick cheat.

4. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I don't see a problem with it. Sometimes TA will complain about everything, except quality. Some people can endure poor quality games just fine, but if a good game has any sort of IAP or tries to do anything different to "pay the bills" like you are doing... ohhhh the horror.

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Anyone discovered that new secret minigame in the latest update?

6. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    Halloween Sale $0.99

on sale.... worth getting?

7. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    A definite yes. Best zombie survival sim ever created.

8. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Yes ! A thousand times yes!

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #109 Primoz, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    Yes... Yes, YES!!!! Of course its worth getting it.

Oh and I found the new mini-game a week ago or so... Its a random side mission. But I was stupid enough to NOT buy the man's arcade machine where I could play the new mini-game...

10. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    so are there a ton or any IAP things you need to buy? or can you play the game without them.

11. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    PROTIP: The secret minigame did not make it in yet. That was an error in the 1.0.3 patch notes. Sorry! There is one incoming though. And it's fun.

12. medicalbenko

medicalbenko Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    You guys are just so plopped awesome! Loving your logo btw!!

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    There are absolutely no IAPs ;)

14. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #114 Primoz, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    Ugh... So that "Arcade" side mission isn't a mini game? I thought you can buy an arcade machine from that guy and play some retro games like asteroids or something.

Oh and if anyone is still interested I can write a detailed guide on Organ trail.

I beat the game 8 times now. Once (first) on normal and others on hard. I died a lot too, of course. But it's really easy once you get the hang of it. I'd actually love to see a super-extra-hardcore mode in an update.

15. h_A_Z

h_A_Z Active Member

Oct 29, 2011
    PJ
    Anyone manage to get all the Achievements?

16. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Im missing 3 of them:
    - I know a guy... (maybe im supposed to name one of my party members George Romero? Havent tried it yet)
    - There can only be one (This one is easy but havent done it yet)
    - Night of the living dev (Am I supposed to name one of the members Ryan nad then kill him? Havent tried either)

17. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Oh good does that mean all the rest of them work? We couldn't fully bug-test all of them very easily.

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Yes the others work - more or less. But there's a bug where you randomly get achievements you didn't even complete (or you lose them sometimes too) please fix this.

Oh and... I love the new Halloween update (in fact, I love it so much that it became my wallpaper for the Halloween time :) )

[​IMG]

But will the Halloween theme just disappear forever when the next update comes? I think a cool thing would be to add a switch in the options menu for Halloween on/off. Doubt you'll make that, but I was just wondering. Because I doubt I'll install the next update if I'll lose the haloween theme for it.

19. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Right now it will just turn off despite you updating or not. We have plans for the next update to let you turn it on and off from the options after you have cleared the game once.

20. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #120 Primoz, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    My guess is that it's currently connected with the iPhone calendar... So the Halloween mode on/off switch can be "cheated", right?

Edit: Yup, it works :)