Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah finally I can clean up all the adopter nes titles and GBA ones. My home screen is a mess

2. bossepy

bossepy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    #982 bossepy, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    Circle Pad Pro

Is circle pad pro worth buying for better grip alone? I find 3ds is uncomfortable to hold.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Well, the update is here. Folders, yay, lol. 3 weeks until Mario Tennis Open is out.

4. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Pretty poor ratings for Mario Tennis Open so far. That's disappointing. Probably going to end up skipping on it..

Hope Heroes of Ruin and Kingdom Hearts: DDD turn out a lot better. Only other two summer 3DS games I'm interested in.

5. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Rhythm games aren't usually my game, but I'll probably end up getting Therhythm Final Fantasy just cause of the music :)

6. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Well, my iPod touch battery has gone completely bad, so I am looking for a new mobile gaming device. I am considering going away from Apple and getting a 3DS, but I have a question. I heard some rumors that Nintendo is going to announce a new model, with two analog sticks at E3, but many say that it is not going to happen. What do you guys think? Is it worth waiting a few weeks just to see?

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Of course it's worth waiting a few weeks just to see, not that I believe it's going to happen.

Unless you NEED a device this second, it would be wise to wait. You never know...

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Even if they don't make a dual-analog version, they might announce a new bundle or something, so yeah, I'd wait.

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The 3DS Game Card Case is finally back in stock as prize on Club Nintendo! Been waiting for over half a year. About freaking time. Just ordered mine.

10. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Mario Tennis Open is awesome. Buy it. That's all I gotta say.

11. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Really? The reviews were not kind at all, I'd like to hear a more in-depth opinion about what the average person thinks of it though.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Played my 3DS for the first time this summer today. Spent and hour or two with KI: Uprising. It's so damn good. Took me 30 minutes just to beat chapters 2 + 3. There are 25 in total, tons of skills/equips, and online multiplayer on top of that. So much content. To date, the only 3DS game I've beaten is Starfox 64, and that's because it only took an hour to run through the game once, lol. So many games to play..so little time.

Looking forward to Heroes of Ruin and KH3D still.

13. Just announced:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not a huge fan of the design, and it doesn't come with an AC adapter for some reason. Battery life increased to 6-10 hours though.

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #994 S.I.D. CrAzY, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    No second stick? No second buy.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #995 backtothis, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    Who saw that one coming? 3DS XL, etc. etc. Really though..no second analog?!

No adapter either, wtf?

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The demo for KH 3D: DDD is now out! Definitely going to check that out soon along with the demo for Rayman Origins 3D, which has been out for a while already.

17. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the 3DS XL AC charger. It comes with an AC adapter in all regions except Japan. They probably figure that since the 3DS, DSi, and DSi XL have sold so well in Japan, it will be easy to find a compatible AC adapter.

Honestly dunno what to think of it. On one hand, I kind of like the new design more than the old one, but there are plenty of things I like about the original 3DS design more.

Also, the increase in size makes the 3DS's already low PPI even lower- it goes from 132.15 PPI to 95.59 PPI. The good thing about the increase in size is that the viewing angle is significantly larger.

There isn't really any upgrades other than a bigger screen (which could be seen as a downgrade) and a slightly better battery life. It would've been cool if they had integrated a second circle pad into it, and the additional shoulder buttons. Upgraded cameras would've been nice as well.

Might end up getting it- probably not though, as my current 3DS is hardly played (that should change when Kingdom Hearts 3D comes out). Still need to finish Kid Icarus. Really wish they had improved upon the hardware in a bigger way. System firmware definitely needs to be improved, but they can just do that through updates (and they've already said they would, just haven't specified how).

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Since I don't have my own 3DS yet, the XL is appealing. I imagine it should be a lot more comfortable too, at least for adults. Only problem is I've spent too much and I'm on a budget. LOL. Hopefully the larger screen also results in a larger sweet spot for the 3D effect. That would be a significant improvement if that's the case, but I haven't really read anything about it so don't know if it does. Just saw the pictures.

19. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    The larger display does have a larger sweet spot (or viewing angle), but at the cost of pixel density. The PPI of the XL model is almost the same as the PPI of the original DSi- which isn't bad, but the Vita has more than twice the PPI of the XL model.

20. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Hmmm Pokemon Conquest, Heros of Ruin, or Kingdom Hearts 3D?

Also 1000th post in this thread!