Universal Swordigo (by Touch Foo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 21, 2012.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I havent a clue what MBP is either.

But Metroid is an old classic game, no offence but didnt you even try to google it ? You'll see screenshots or a youtube video etc. If someone mentions a US game i'm not aware of (As i l live in England) i just do a search to see what they mean (And yeah i've done a google on MBP, if it is some protein thing i find it very weird, dont americans have cornflakes for breakfast ?!)

Anyway Metroids an old classic game from the early 90's i think

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #102 backtothis, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    It's a MacBook Pro.

Btw, Vovin, why are you so butt-hurt? No need to be a dbag and edit your post when someone already quoted your OP. Keep trying to be funny bro. When did I fall so out of favor with you?

Edit: Clearly, he wasn't pissed off. Some people actually have a sense of humor.

Lol, psj, you're telling him to use Google? The first hit when searching "MBP" gives you a link to Apple's MacBook Pro.

3. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Enjoying Swordigo very much, love the platforming feel.

Anyone having a problem with app auto closing by itself?

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Metroid is from 1986 and its the best game of all time.
    Yes I still need to pick this up today. :)

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Oops ! Didnt realise there was a C64 version back then, as i had a Sinclair Spectrum that was one game which we didnt have in the 80's. Amazing how old the game is (and how time flies !)

6. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    #106 poppichicken, Mar 22, 2012
    Due to my low post-count, this may come across as a shill, but it ain't.
    I've just downloaded and had a play of Swordigo.

Let's just say, WOW. Absolutely brilliant.
    Love it.

A few minutes in, I paused, looked up from my iphone and thought to myself, "good lord, I haven't even noticed the controls". And then I realised why - because they are perfect. They don't get in the way or distract you like they do in almost every other game I've tried on iOS (and I've tried quite a few)!

They are right up there with the controls in Crazy Hedgy, and Cave's shooters.
    They stay out of your mind, and they just work.
    Bravo!

The game itself is superb of course. The graphics are nothing to write home about, but they are charming enough. Doesn't matter though because the game is so good. It has a real Zelda charm about it, from the 3-hearts life bar, to the way you can slice plants to find coins. Glorious stuff.

Can't wait to spend more time playing it.

7. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    It was a NES game. Would have been cool to have it on the 8-bit computers, but it was a Nintendo exclusive. Pity.

8. dancingcat

dancingcat Active Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Singapore
    Grab it!

This is one addictive rpg/platformer!! :D:D Simple yet fun. :cool::cool:
    Makes you want to clear all treasures before moving on to next area.

9. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Thumbs up for cornflakes! :D

Just my poke at the issue. My first google result is "Medibank one of Australia's Leading Private Health Insurance Funds" :p

10. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just read that Metroid is one of the least guessed words in the game Draw Something. This saddens me.

11. Touch Foo

Touch Foo Well-Known Member

Hi Echoseven,

Thank you very much for all your great comments so far!

With regards to your problem in the game, make sure you have explored everywhere on the map and read the quest log.

If you really feel like you've hit a bug that prevents you from progressing, please send a private message or an email to [email protected] and we can figure it out. :)

12. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #112 Neehan, Mar 22, 2012
    Game Impressions

Lovin it so far. TriggyWiggy's description of Zelda meets Mario is pretty spot on. I'm having a ton of fun with this. The difficulty does ramp up after the first few levels.

Now just hoping the game isn't too short. Soosiz was pretty long by iOS standards so I think there's hope.

I would like to be able to slide from the jump button to attack/magic.

13. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    This is, by a very large margin, the best platformer I've ever played on iOS!!

Having never played Zelda, Metroid or Mario, (I was a PC Gamer through and through), I really was in for a big and pleasant surprise.

A perfect example of substance and gameplay over fancy graphics and effects.

Thank you!

14. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    WHAT?!?!?!? Those are three of the greatest franchises in video game history. Do yourself a favor and get your hands on at the very least, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Metroid, and Zelda: A Link to the Past. Any gamer worth there weight in rupees has played those games.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That so? Interesting. Would you (or anyone, as there seems to be quite many of you enjoying Swordigo) happen to know how many hours of jumping, running and swordigoing we might expect?

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    My "played" time is currently 2:52, and I'm 36% in. According to the game that is. Not an independent study.

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmmm... I have no idea where it says how long you've been playing, but I'm pretty sure I'm at 41% after about 2 hours...

18. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Ok, very simple question, on the last screen of the plains (yes I've not played it very much) there are chests blocked off by rock falls (at least I think that is what they are), do you pick something up later in the game to clear them or am i missing something (only have iron sword and first spell).

19. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Soosiz HD was one of the first games I ever played on the iPad and I absolutely loved it. This gem takes platformng on the iPad to the next level. I really hope touch foo doesn't get bought out so they can continue to make these absolutely brilliant games.

20. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    How do I favorite this post? *thumbs up*