Recommend games with feeling of soaring/speed

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mungo, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Mungo

Mungo New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    #1 Mungo, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    I'm new to the iPhone. Didn't think I'd be into the games at first, but discovered a bunch that I like.

I especially like games that give you feeling of soaring or running fast, unhindered as long as you keep up the right motions. Examples are Mirror's Edge, Jetpack Joyride, Whale Trail, and Tiny Wings. I guess the basic mechanic of continually speeding up and sweeping through the space is just exhilarating and relaxing to me at the same time, if that makes any sense. And it works well for a handheld because the levels can be short.

What I like better about Mirror's Edge is that you have just a little bit of exploration, because you can stop and change directions, and there are branching paths. But what it does wrong are the bars you have to grab sometimes that bring you to a complete stop for a second.

I think maybe what I'm looking for is what I always thought Sonic the Hedgehog could have been if they hadn't broken up their levels with so many spots that force you to slow down almost to a stop.

So are there other games like this that can be recommended?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines