Universal Total War Battles - (by SEGA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Apr 18, 2012.

1. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Little space for buildings

I hate that there is limited place for bulidings.. so it takes lots of time to build the ones you need while the troops burn down your village because you are to slow.

2. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    FYI - a lite version of the game is now available in the AppStore.

3. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Awesome thanks for posting!

4. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Got problems with
    "breaching the dragons's scales"
    Sly 40 units.

I can't get the barracks AND the dojo on the map. Do I have to decide which one I want to have or do I have to change the setting of the buildings which are already there?

5. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Samurai followed by gunners.

in general: block the way with samurai or ronin, shoot the attackers with archer or gunners.

6. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I just finished the lite version and I’m really loving the game. But I was really disappointed to see the choppy frame rate on my 3GS (non-jailbroken, iOS 4.3.3). From what I can see it is something around 15-20fps… But the lite version missions are quite rich in special effects – rain, smoke, fire etc. so maybe that’s the problem. I have a question to anyone with a 3GS who bought the full version – is the frame rate any better? If it isn't than I think I’ll wait for a new iDevice I’ll be getting later this year.

7. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Update is OUT!!

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hell yes!!

9. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Agreed. And having to rotate buildings while there are guys attacking you is another thing they need to fix. Tho I still like the whole game overall. I hope they make total war Rome with like chariot

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... I'm probably one of the very few, but I love the building placement mechanics... =oP

11. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    +1 :d

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #152 L.Lawliet, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    omg omg omg downloading now. i'm SOOO excited. this literally is one of my favorite ios games. samurais have never been cooler..

and i've been waiting for this update which feels like forever!

13. Dusk K.

Dusk K. Active Member

Jun 13, 2012
    #153 Dusk K., Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
    Considering the drop in price and the recent update that added a skirmish mode is it more worth the price now?
    Because reading the thread apparently it was thought that the original price was too high for the game but now it gained more content and a lower price.

I forgot to add that I played the lite version and I found it interesting but I'm not if it's 3.99€ interesting.:p

14. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Is there a list anywhere re enemy units, their strengths and your units. Like best to use against different enemies. I saw a screen pop up earlier saying who is best against who etc. but I can't find that screen again.

15. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Hi! Does anyone know how can i save my progress in this game? I have to restore my iphone, and i don`t want to lose my work!

16. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Unless it has iCloud support, you'll have to use a program such as iExporer on your PC to back up your save.

17. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yeah, i tried! But for this game i can`t locate the save file :-??, that is why i was asking!

18. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    It's been a while since I've used iExplorer, but if memory serves, you just copy the entire Documents folder within the app. Don't bother trying to look for just one file.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I definitely think it's worth it. But sounds like you already have your own opinions after playing the lite so it'll really be up to you. I do really love the addition of skirmish. Some skirmish missions are "defeat XX enemies" as well to vary it.

I got it thinking that it was kinda weird at first and highly priced. Turns out now to be one of my favorite ipod games. Now I refuse to delete it. Part of its charm is watch the units battle it out. No other similar game has such cool battle animations. And it's not too heavily complex that you'll get headaches.

So basically HOLD DOWN the building/unit icons and the information screen will come up. Some advanced techniques are probably not explained. And a lot of the time what units you use come down to preference. You have to go into battle and find out which ones you like the most.

For me my main army consists of Elite Samurai, Elite Archers, Elite Gunmen and occasionally the elite cannon for backup. The other units are nice but I find them only useful in some instances if I need quick backup. Like I'll only send out cavalry if I need to stop the enemy from advancing. Turns out even elite cavalry are weak. I really think they need to do some fixing for that unit because they die very easily against most enemies (and will often sit there and fight ronin for like 5 minutes....)

20. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Did you use it for this game, or in general?

I think it's possible for games to store their save data in protected storage that you can't access (without rooting your device). Most don't, but this might be one that does.