Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jman7997

Jman7997 Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Idk, but i think they are just redos of the leaked mode videos a while ago. They show some gameplay on dog days, and i think paradise:/

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Thanks man! Much appreciated.

3. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ahhhhh, these trailers are a great improvement from the alpha gameplay trailers we say earlier, im officialy stoked!!

4. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Love those 2 videos but still I find silly things like emp grenade from first video and pistols sight in the end of the of second video lol

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh wow! Looks far better than the old mode videos! And sniping looks more on the lines of MC2 than MC3 which should only mean good for us MC2 exclusive quikscopers who hate MC3 sniping lol

6. Kaywar

Kaywar Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Make sure to view the videos full 1080p, its gorgeous.

7. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Hey guys I might have the option to get the new iPod Touch 5, do you guys think is will run MC4?

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Just as well as your iPad 2 will.

Just get an A6 device if at all possible.

9. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    #3249 Paul202, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    So A6 would refer to iPad 3,4, and iPhone 5?

EDIT: I don't know who it was, but to the person that purchased an iPad 4, was it worth it? Does the extra power justify the big price tag? I already have an iPad 2, and the iPad seems like a considerable upgrade.

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

No, just the iPhone 5 and iPad 4. The iPad 3 has an A5X, wich makes it about twice as fast as the iPad 2s A5, BUT with 4x the resolution games running at the full resolution won't run as fast as on the iPad 2. The iPad 4 has the A6X wich is a faster version of the A6 in the iPhone 5, no idea how much faster it is, but it's there to power the higher resolution of the iPad, in the end the speed is probably similar, but again, I have no idea there.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    iPad 3 has A5X - same GPU as PS vita but not powerful enough to push the screen

iPhone 5 has A6 - as powerful as the iPad 3's but without the insane resolution and double the processing power

iPad 4 has A6X - twice as powerful as the iPhone 5's in the GPU department (by far the GPU is the most important part of a gaming machine), same processor. Extra GPU power largely mitigated by the screen, real world performance is slighly above the iPhone 5 according to benchmarks.

12. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    i dont know i see a few problems when reading the specializations. For example in strong and powerful u see that there is a nanofiber vest you see it absorbs small amount of damage from each bullet receive with the exception of armor piercing rounds so if someone has armor piercing rounds ur dead.

Problem 2 is camouflage it no longer hides you from turrets so if some one puts a turret you are dead.

Problem 3 Integrated Radar
    Enemies identified on your radar are outlined in the first person view. In the campaign u see you have to be close to your enemies to see their outline. By the time u see their outline ur going to be shot dead in multiplayer since you have to be near the enemy not across the map to see their outline.

Problem 4
    the UAV only last 10 seconds after that no more. You would have to remember which direction the enemy is. But since he is moving all the time thats not gonna work. THe UAV is mc3 worked like a charm

But for me the first class that is worth trying would be fast and incisive.

13. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Would an iPad 4 bring a noticeable gaming differnece compared to the iPad 2? My #1 nightmare would be to download MC4 on release, only to find out my iPad 2 doesn't run it good enough.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    IMO yes. You'll get all the effects shown on the hands on plus probably a few more, retina graphics and an good framerate. Look at it this way: the iPad 4 has a GPU twice as powerful as the PS Vita, which is supposed to be almost as powerful as the PS3.

15. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    @matrixhunter nerfing perks is a good idea. UAV in MC3 was a damn blackbird(like in black ops). To see real time enemy positions for just 3 kills is just unfair. Just reducing the time is dumb too, they should just make it swipe the map like in cod since that's their source anyway.
    Outline for enemies is just a bad idea outright. It was bad enough in Bad Company 2 and that didn't outline enemies, just a red icon above their heads. I guess it's a way to encourage silencers.

16. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Okay, thank you. I am heavily leaning on upgrading. BTW, do you if it is against the rules to advertise a sale in your signature?

17. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Guys, I'm a bit lazy to research right now, but, could you recommend and android phone that has around the same graphical power than the iPhone 5? cause I understand that they're significantly cheaper than the apple products.

I figured that I don't want to enjoy the upcoming games with the bare minimum that I have (iPodT4), specially when most of them are dropping the support early for the iPT4.

Anyway, so, any recommendations? thanks in advance.

18. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    #3258 RoboWarrior, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    For an android similar to an iPhone in terms of graphic processing, it will be the same price. So no it won't be cheaper unless you really need expandable storage. This depends on your carrier too. For AT&T, several options. Some new LG phone came out for $50 and the One X for $99 and possibly free. The LG has same specs as the One X and expandable storage but no upgrade to jellybean. For Verizon, the HTC DNA ( $199) or the Droid Razr M ($99) are equally good. HTC has a quad core processor and the Razr M has expandable storage. For Sprint, the HTC Evo 4G LTE ( $199-$99)is a great option. Galaxy S 3 could be possibly free. for T-Mobile, the Galaxy S 3 is for free. Hurry before it is not. Off contract device, your best bet is the Nexus 4 ($299-$349). The majority of devices have a S4 and two of them have a S4 pro. Can't really get the greatest and latest without ponying up the cash. The iPhone 4S is o.k. For $99 but then again you wanted android. Android is cheaper if you want to get a 600 MHz device. Realize that android devices probably won't get the fancy sun flare and will not have particle effects. Those are reserved for iPhone ( I mean look at MC3)

19. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    SG3 is the probably best android phone out there which is bet less slower than iPhone 5 it should run game fine

20. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Unless Gameloft changes something, they will always prefer iOS over everything else. Alot of big games and updates will come to iOS before they come to Android, and there will be more iOS apps because it is easier to develop an app for iOS than for the multitude of android systems.