iPad mini owners ...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tastyfish, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    iPad original mini owners, assuming you could get either an iPad air or new iPad mini with retina as a gift. Which would you go for and why?

What if you had no apple devices, what would your choice then be?

2. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i will sell my ipad4 and purchase ipad mini 2,because ipad4 is too weight and ipad mimi 2 and ipad air have the same hardware....

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I will eventually get a new Mini, though the Air is tempting because of the reduced weight.

4. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    As a current iPad Mini owner with over 300 games on my iPad, I'd would go with the Retina iPad Mini. It's $100 cheaper, they have the same specs, and you can hold it in one hand, which is very useful for portrait games like Cut The Rope and runner type games like Sonic Dash and Temple Run.

The iPad Air will be better with more casual/productive type of stuff. Web browsing will be better with the Air, since you have more surface to tap and larger text which is easier to read without zooming. Productive apps like Pages or Keynote are better on iPad Air because you'll get a larger keyboard and larger surface to edit with.

However, I think most people are going to end up with an iPad Air. I've been hearing really tight supply on the Retina Mini till the end of 2013 (even confirmed by Tim Cook in the last Q4 result calling), while the iPad Air seems to have much greater supply so far. Therefore most people looking to buy an iPad this holiday season will probably end up with an iPad Air.

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    If I hadn't any Apple products I'd go for the mini (with the most gig's) because of the portability, helps to know its has the same specs and retina as the Air.
    But then I'd probably be swayed to buy the iPad afterward.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    New mini. I had an ipad3 and ipad mini at one point, and ended up abandoning the ipad 3 for the mini. The new mini with retina with 128gb space is godsend.

7. ToyRookGames

ToyRookGames Active Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Go for the mini. I love my mini and hardly notice the smaller screen. With retina display it would be that much better.

8. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I'll also go for the Mini. I donno why but I rarely play game on my iPhone; solely on my Mini and it feels awesome between my (big) hands. So a bigger iPad will feel weird for me. However I'm sticking to my version 1 Mini for at least another year. Retina Display is not an incentive for me to upgrade

9. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Mini all the way. Holding it feels perfect in both modes and its the best size for gaming or reading. There's no comparison really, it's a slam dunk.