Tap Studio 2.0 is Coming!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DropDKeith, Dec 7, 2009.

1. DropDKeith

DropDKeith Well-Known Member

#1 DropDKeith, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    We're proud to announce that Tap Studio 2.0 has been submitted and is currently In Review! It could be released any day now.

Tap Studio remains a FREE app with some huge improvements for you all.

Of course, the really good stuff becomes available once your purchase the PRO Upgrade in-app purchase.

Here's a couple of teasers from the FREE version. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got some more details if you're interested. ;)

If you don't know what Tap Studio is, check out our current version on iTunes.

Thanks for your continued support!

Drop D Studios LLC

2. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    The icon is really ugly, will you be changing it?

3. Sajak

Sajak Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I really like Tap Studio, but I'm wondering what exactly the new features are. Any specifics?

4. DropDKeith

Sorry you don't like our icon. It's not changing for this release.

Glad to hear you like Tap Studio! We think you'll like this update. :)

One very nice thing you get is a complete list of all the taps you've made. You can even delete ones you no longer want.

[​IMG]

Things get interesting once you purchase the PRO Upgrade. :D

[​IMG]

5. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    #5 idrisguitar, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    can i have more details on the pro version please. like the full rundown,

as saying "things get interesting when you purchase the pro version" is cool, but isn't effectively making me all excited. unless you plan to keep the features underwraps right now or something.

tap studio is fun, but a lot of the time i find it hard to create fun tap maps to my favourite songs. its hard to get the right tap recordings down sometimes.

for example if the pro 2.0 version had a feature to allow the user to record taps with the song at a slower speed than normal, allowing for more intricate and accurate layouts, i would buy it for sure.

anyway a full list of features and improvements for the 2.0 pro mode would be awesome and then i could see myself really getting behind this app. cause theres nothing like a fun game that uses your own music.

6. BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    This looks awesome I can't wait :):eek::cool:

I have a question though Keith.

I've been playing Tap Tap Revenge ever since the jailbreak days and back then we were able to share custom tap tracks we made, any idea if we'll be able to send our tracks (without music) over wifi to each other and if there will be "Top User Made Tracks" and such via voting?

If so then that will kick ass :D:cool:

7. DropDKeith

OK guys, here are some more details!

With the PRO Upgrade in-app purchase, you get full access to the online vault of user created and contributed song taps for pretty much any song imaginable!

You can search for taps that others have uploaded, and of course you can upload any taps you have made.

In fact, we want you to upload your taps! Help grow our community and share with everyone!

[​IMG]

Downloaded taps are saved so you can play and share them as much as you want to. You can easily delete any downloaded taps you no longer want as well.

[​IMG]

You can share taps with anyone via email or by their profile username:

[​IMG]

You can also rate taps that you've downloaded:

[​IMG]

Everyone (including free users) get album artwork as the game play background!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

We hope you like what you see. :)

8. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    You have good music taste Keith, have both those albums.

9. Sajak

Sajak Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Ok, that's what I wanted to hear. Chances are, I'm downloading that.

10. idrisguitar

Dec 8, 2008
    yeah great upgrade.

thanks for the details.

11. williaaaam

williaaaam Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Student
    Scotland, UK
    cheers Keith, looks awesome! so is the game free with dlc in game? or will the app its self cost? either way how much for pro features?

12. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Oh, okay. The game is fun though

13. DropDKeith

Tap Studio 2.0 remains a FREE app with many enhancements.

The PRO features, which allow access to the online vault of taps, are an in-app (DLC) purchase, currently priced at $4.99.

You can search the vault for taps:

[​IMG]

And upload taps you've created for others to play:

[​IMG]

Your contributions will help make this great for everyone!

And when someone shares a tap with you, it will appear in your Inbox:

[​IMG]

14. idrisguitar

Dec 8, 2008
    #14 idrisguitar, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    at that price i doubt there will be enough contributions.

a feature like this can only succeed if the feature sells like hotcakes, and im talking app store top 10 scale, otherwise there will be a very limited amount of taps to download (mainly stuck at the very mainstream artists i imagine)

im not bashing, im just stating my opinion, $5 will not attract as many user as is needed to make this feature all it can be.

i for one am sheepish at purchasing this. (mainly because i doubt anyone out there would be making taps for Why? songs ;)

when you looks at labyrinth 2 and their level sharing features, this pales in comparison, especially when you are giving the meat of the game for free.

i apologise if im being overly negative, im just trying to be honest and back up my opinions. i sincerely wish your app massive success.

15. Sajak

Sajak Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I have to agree with idrisguitar on this one. The price is going to put off a lot of people. What you could do is make the app a paid one ($1 or $2), and have the DLC be $1 or $2 instead of being free and having the DLC be the price of a premium game.

This would probably actually make you more money too, because as we said before, most people won't download the online portion, while if it cost something, you'd get money off of every purchase, and some from the people who are buying the DLC. Not to mention with this strategy, the people who already bought the game and provided you guys with feedback are getting rewarded by not having to pay the initial fee. :p

I would have no problems paying a couple bucks for the DLC, but $5 is a bit steep.

16. williaaaam

Sep 13, 2008
    Student
    Scotland, UK

yeh agreed, i think $5 is too much. At $5 i would have to wait a while before i had more itunes credit, but at $1 or $2 it would be an instant buy :(

17. DropDKeith

We appreciate the feedback guys. We take your comments and concerns seriously.

We do hope that you see the value in the PRO Upgrade and the practically limitless array of song taps that will become available over time!

We have many other ideas for additional PRO features in future releases as well! :D

Regards
    Keith

18. williaaaam

Sep 13, 2008
    Student
    Scotland, UK
    so will you consider the price drop? cause id be gutted if i bought it at $4.99 to find it at $2.99 a few days later ? looks great though :)

Also, just a thought: What happens about different versions of a song, cause sometimes, you get radio edits and stuff which are labelled the same but with different intro's or longer etc? or sometimes from comparing with friends who use limewire, the songs i get off itunes are sometimes different slightly to theirs?

19. idrisguitar

Dec 8, 2008
    maybe when you incorporate tons of features it will be worth the money, but bear in mind we cant see the value until not only we pay for it, but also until thousands of other people buy it. otherwise the tap database will be barren. and therefore the feature wont even be worth 0.99

i understand if you have costs you need to cover, but the fact is for $5 there are games that allow for community content that hold MUCH more value. and therefore you have to adjust if you are going to attract the audience needed for a feature like this.

20. Sajak

Sajak Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    From my understanding you're downloading the version of the song that the Taps are played on, like with Tap Tap.