Universal Amber Halls (by Axaxaxas)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by YellowHat, Feb 24, 2014.

1. YellowHat

YellowHat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    #1 YellowHat, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    Hi,

My new game, Amber Halls, will be out in the App Store in March 13.

It is a roguelike with no IAPs and no ads :)

[​IMG]

About the Game

Amber Halls is a palace filled with ancient artifacts and treasures. Dangerous monsters wander through the halls. But, with the help of powerful items, you'll be able to outsmart them. However, carrying items from room to room will prove very challenging.

Amber Halls is a tiny roguelike. If you like strategy and puzzles, you are going to love this game.

Features

- Randomly generated levels
    - Original mechanics that will surprise you
    - Daily Quest! A new map every day, the same for all players. Compete in the daily leaderboards!

Contact

You can visit my website: axaxaxas.com.

You can also follow me on twitter: @diego_cath

2. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
    Update: the game will come out next thursday! (March 13)

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Looks great, will definitely be buying this
    What's the price?

Edit: oh, Honeycomb dev. So if I wasn't already sold on the game, would be now

4. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
    Hi!

The game will be at $.99 during launch week.

I can't wait for people to compete in the Daily Quest leaderboards :p

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Written the date in the diary, loved honeycomb so I'm sure I'll love this too.

6. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
    Nice, thanks!

I'm sure everyone who likes roguelikes will love this game.

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I am starting to really like this roguelike genre a lot lately. And this looks great. You have a customer when it releases :)

8. Bronxsta

If you like roguelikes, you really should consider checking out PC gaming, The wealth and diversity of roguelikes, rogue-lites, and games with roguelike elements is astounding

Actually this month, there's going to be two simultaneous game jams:
    The 7 Day Roguelike Challenge
    Procedural Death Jam

And I'm sure at least some of those will eventually find their way to IOS eventually.

Edit: since you're into game development, have you participated in a game jam yet? If you're interested, I could PM you another cool one that going on now

9. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
    I will make a game for the 7drl, which means I will be hard at work when Amber Halls comes out.

If I succeed and the game turns out to be good enough, I will definitely consider releasing an iOS version.

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    :( Saldy, my game development is pretty much dead since I need a Mac for the final part of XCode (having a connected device which is impossible doing it on the Cloud and making an executable afterwards which is impossible if you dont test it first. Construct 2 only compiles for testing devices not the emulator :mad:)... until I buy one, and that can take a while.

And as for the PC, I looked at FTL and I was so close to buy it... but then I remembered that I have way too many games to play on my iPhone, PlayStation´s Battlefield 4 and on top of that PC gaming too? Maybe too much. I will stay dedicated to iPhone a long as this rate of awesome games keep coming in... and it has been 3 years non-stop, I doubt it will stop soon. Thanks either way.

11. Bronxsta

Why can't you make a game for Windows? Or Flash? Those jam submissions don't have to be on Mac. I'm assuming something like that would be nice practice, keep your skills honed

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I never thought about PC, I guess I am too much into iOS that it didn't even crossed my mind :eek:

13. Bronxsta

#13 Bronxsta, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh cool, just in time as I am finishing Mines of Mars today. Wednesday looks great already with Glorkian Warrior and Amber Halls :)

16. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013