Games That You Love But Weren't Popular (at least on TA)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by vectorarchitekt, Apr 24, 2015.

1. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #1 vectorarchitekt, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    What games did you end up loving but for some reason just got no love on Touch Arcade or maybe didn't even seem to have much coverage in general? But you wish more people would play them and share their enthusiam? Mine are:

Faif (wish more ppl to play multiplayer with)
    Rototo
    Mind the Blox
    Bleeding Edge
    Pixel Burger
    Hipsta Chez
    RoboSockets (maybe back in the day?)
    Super Drop Jam
    Pair Solitaire

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Almightree
    Shardlands
    Spooklands
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Adventure Time Game Wizard

These are games i gave 5-stars, but i dont think their threads here in TA picked up.

3. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I played Spooklands for about a week and got too frustrated with it. Was a good game though.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

That game called Continue? With assorted numbers behind it.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Magic Rampage. Awesome game, barely registered on TA -- don't think it even got a review.

6. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Continue9876543210?

One of my favorites ever. IPad home screen game for sure. Did you read the story behind it on his website?

7. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I looked it up and it had 98 comments. But I hadn't heard of it. I hope people will keep posting more hidden gems on here.

8. ObsidianKt

ObsidianKt Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I was a big fan of Solomon's Keep & Solomon's Boneyard. They weren't exactly unpopular, but I never thought they got the hype they deserved. I actually still play them. TA reported that the devs were working on another sequel, but that seems like it was over a year ago.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I loved PDA Games, a nice simple platformer.

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Space Strafer

It's a niche arcade/high-score game but I love it. Only has 70 players as of now, and it's only a dollar. I'd recommend checking it out. The scoring mechanics take some getting used to, but it's a really fun game.

App Store link

You have to connect to Game Center the very first time you boot it up, but after that it logs you in automatically.

11. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I pu this game into my wish list and forgot about it....at the time I was playing Gemini and was on the fence about whether or not I needed another space shooter. Thanks for the reminder.
    I recall people saying positive things about it.
    What about Space Colors, did you play that one?

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Hope you check it out!

I put Space Colors on my watch list back when it came out, but due to the mediocre feedback from players on the forums, some apparent bugs, and lack of Game Center (that's a pretty big deal for me) I never tried it out. May give it a shot still.

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Smash Jungle
    Could be still free and i'm sorry for not having supported it in the first place.
    A really cool one-hander highscore chaser.

Jelly Pop
    By PomPom Games (left ios?)
    No wide-screen and shows still OpenFeint. A lot of control options and Gamecenter via app only. It works on version 8.2

PS: Great, special, difficult but very rewarding highscore chaser Space Strafer.

14. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Downloaded it this morning. Fun little game. I wish the whole thing was blocky, the asteroid and ship graphics, and the icon are quite garish, but hey I couldn't do any better. I checked out the forum I don't foresee getting anywhere near some of those high scores though!