Any rollercoaster games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Doctor Q, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Doctor Q

Doctor Q Member

May 21, 2008
    One real job + many volunteer jobs
    North America
    Have there been any rollercoaster-themed games released, or hints of games to come?

The closest I've seen so far is the little rollercoaster in ZEN Pinball, but I'm asking about something more like Aspyr's RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Iis Aspyr making iPhone / iPod touch games at all?

2. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    there are the rollercoaster rush games, but other than that, none that i'm aware of besides AirCoaster, which is awesome because you can make your own tracks and ride them on an online community

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yeah, there are Aircoaster and those Digital Chocolate rollercoaster games. I myself love the Jurassic 3D rollercoaster rush.

4. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Aircoaster rulz!!! Make most any coaster you can think of using a very nice iPhone editor. Ride in first-person view at 60fps. Generates random coasters according to parameters you set. Upload and download tracks. It's da bomb. An no I'm not affiliated with the dev :). It's only $.99 and there's a lite version. U know what to do :)

5. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    How the hell did you manage to dig this thread up..?

6. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I'm wondering the same thing!

But yeah, 3D Rollercoaster Rush is fun.

7. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    There is another one, called like Advanced Rollercoaster Builder, but i never loved the lite.

Another Important Question:
    Is there any manual or tutorial to creating tracks in aircoaster, cuz I cant figure out how to do it. Even if its like an online one, thatd be fine.
    Thanks.

8. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Are you in the Lite or full version of Aircoaster? Lite has track editor disabled. You can download tracks tho - tap on the Community tab. You can search for tracks to download and find famous coasters to ride.

Quickest way to see what the app is about is tap on Ride Random Track, then tap the right arrow, THEN tap the icon next to the arrow that Lois like a track. Will take you to first person view. You can tap and drag on the screen to look around as you ride.

9. abruce42

Dec 3, 2009
    I have the full, and I have a really cool track idea but I have no idea how to make it specifically.

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    This and the wiki it links to may help. Click on Tracks then the + in the corner to enter the editor with a simple track pre loaded. Blue arrows select different track sections to edit. + and - let you add or delete sections. You can sleide on the lower left corner to choose which track parameter you want to change. Took a bit of learning but I suck at track editors in general and I got the hang of it. Was able to create the Tidal Wave coaster I love to ride at Ocean City Maryland!

http://www.ziconic.com/Ziconic/AirCoaster_Pro.html

11. ziconic

ziconic Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Hey folks!

(Wow it's been a loooooong time since anyone last mentioned AirCoaster on TA!)

AirCoaster got a new update today -- you can now add trees to your scene (among other new features).

I also added a simple tutorial that users will see when they launch the track editor for the first time. Hopefully it will help new users find their way around the track editor more quickly. Let me know what you think!

GregB - what's your username on the game? :)

12. abruce42

Dec 3, 2009
    Thanks so much for the update, I always found the track creator a bit confusing. Downloading now.

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Digital Chocolate has like 5 roller-coaster games.

14. mulderek

mulderek Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    #14 mulderek, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  15. mulderek

mulderek Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    #15 mulderek, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Christmas Rollercoaster Builder

Christmas Rollercoaster Builder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AppStore Link

Christmas Rollercoaster Builder Free
    AppStore Link

16. ziconic

ziconic Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Check out my latest AirCoaster Pro video! It's all actual game footage featuring tracks created by 4 of our awesome track makers.

Btw AirCoaster is turns 1 today (Feb 12, 2010)!! We've come a very looong way since version 1.0. If you are curious to see what the very first version of AirCoaster looked like, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z25Lt2UA0Ko. :D