game center - missing achievements

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by carnivore, Jan 22, 2011.

1. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    sorry, if this already came up. i tried searching but found nothing sufficient.

my game center seems to have problems with correctly registering achievements. e.g. i had to win 17 easy games on strategery to get the 10 easy games achievement. i had to get over 20 wins on normal. and so on... this kind of thing did not only happen with strategery but with many other games too. quite recently i bought they need to be fed. the ingame achievement thingy shows around 15 or so achievements i already unlocked, while game center does show 5 unlocked achievements.

this is seriously pissing me off, so has anybody encountered similar problems and has a fix? (i already tried different things like being online, being offline, starting the app from the dashboard and from gamecenter, and so on. nothing really does help.)

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, with just about every game that has it..I have 85 paid game center games installed at the moment.

3. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    i never had these many problems with any other achievement system on the ios. so what's the point to gamecenter then?

4. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Me neither..it's pretty lame. Even worse is that if you get achievements offline, they don't sync into the system when you do get online the next time. It's crap.

5. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    That's what drives me crazy. No offline achievements is unbelievable.

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, I really can't understand that either.

7. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I read on here somewhere that this is down to the developers to sort out and nothing to do with Apple.
    The Creeps has had an update so that you can earn achievements offline and then they synch next time you log in. Not tried it yet though.

8. thewiirocks

thewiirocks Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Expert Software Engineer
    This is correct. APIs like OpenFeint attempt to handle the offline aspects for the programmer. Apple, however, pushed offline handling to the developer. While this technically allows for greater flexibility, it also makes the programmers' lives more difficult. And like most people, we programmers have a tendency to be lazy anywhere we can get away with it. ;)