Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #6001 girlpower, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    You're welcome! :D I have also been lucky to breed successfully because forum friends have shared their combo successes on here....really hope Air/Mud works for you too. I know it's been said that levels don't matter, but I'm still not fully convinced....leave that thought with you ;)

You and I have a little in common it seems......
    The colour red is also my least favorite colour (no offense red lovers) always has been....never owned a red car, don't wear red. I recall saying either on here or in a pm way back that I wished we could either just move the green trees and rocks or also purchase them (incl. the little trees)

I also purchased the bone dragon cos I just couldn't breed it in time (lucky it was cheap) this is why I only have one of these....LOL I only have one LY too (breed that) but no way would I be buying that for all those gems to own a first or second one.

Regarding the hibernation cave....mine has been maxed out already at 100 a few times...I'm also storing a few baby dragons in there to try and feed up to lvl 15 (when I get enough food) to help achieve my gold(yellow) shrines.
    I periodically need to get in there and sell off some anyway to make room for more dragons to hide away....I really can't fathom why BS can't figure out that more new dragons means MORE HABITATS NEEDED! Simple math surely?
    Okay, that feels better now I've ranted a little. They should just let us decide how many we can cram on our Islands. Anyway,I think you will find the upgrade very handy.

Regarding 'Goldie' I'm back on my quest for one......on my third try with flower/metal and looks like I just got a forge cooking never mind, to be expected along the way,just hope it's not regular like crystal fails...so all good vibes welcome thank you ;) Other cave is working on ironwood (no go so far)

Good luck all :)

2. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    No worries :) hopefully you will be able to get the limited ones this time around, except for the LY of course...will either of us still be playing DV when that one comes a round in another 3 yrs time? :rolleyes:
    Good luck with ironwood at least....I'm working on that one too :)

3. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm guessing it was a moss after visiting your islands?
    What have you got cooking with this combo at the moment?

Gold hunt.....think I presently have a forge cooking :(

Are you trying for another peridot????:p

4. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aww, brilliant work....well done (no crystals = definite happy dance) WOO HOO!
    Most of my GC friends have 1/2 Gold dragons I see....I gotta catch up here.
    Thanks for accepting request, and gem present....I will sneak one back cos my IOU list is pretty long, don't want you to think I don't gift back but your name is written down also (next one will take quiet a while to catch up though, sorry) :(

5. lnatashal

lnatashal New Member

Aug 19, 2012
    engineer
    Sydney
    my first GEM dragon!!!!

jump jump jump jump, tried so many times, have a peridot egg hatching ... have to wait 31 hours!!! double yay :D

6. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    That's awesome news! Your first gem baby is on its way, so happy for you and weclome to the forum :)

7. lnatashal

lnatashal New Member

Aug 19, 2012
    engineer
    Sydney
    Thank you :), your forum is helping tremendously. For those wondering
    Peridot = Crystal + Cactus (think it was the 8th attempt!)
    breeding: 24 hours
    hatching: 31 hours

8. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi, Girlpower.
    Yes, I tried for second peridot in the cave and got crystal fail cooking for my troubles.
    Pissed me right off. :)
    No luck with ironwood. So far 2 moss fails and now I am waiting for another, longer fail. Not sure what it is yet. I guess I jinxed myself when I said new dragons were easy.

9. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Just got my Seasonal in the hatchery, and Rain decided to pop its head out last night, so now it's in my water habitat after 8 hours after storing my extra Mud dragon. It's pretty adorable as a baby! Eeeek!! Now off to the Ironwood before going back to getting extra dragons for future breedings. :D

Hmmm... I'm not too keen on the ugly yellow color of the shrines, so I'm pretty adamant on sticking with silver shrines right now. :eek: I still have to upgrade the Metal, Lightning and Cold shrines to silver, but after that, I might take it slow on upgrading them to gold (or just wait for the inevitable as I level up my main dragons). So most of my breedings have been with level 10 dragons. Although I do sometimes see that higher level dragons get the rare dragons sooner than those with level 10s from our forum friends here. Either that or you are extremely lucky!

These new dragons are getting to be expensive. I mean, compared to the ones we started with (Bone and Reindeer and those other early ones), these seem almost impossible to buy without hacking.

10. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    #6010 TIMELESS, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    I did say that to DV maybe we could get dragons we might could pay for if we could not breed them everyone is so greedy.

11. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    That would be a nice option to have. I would not mind saving up some DV cash to buy a dragon or two. Unfortunately, that would also mean that BS will not get much profit, so it's very unlikely that they would consider that option for most of the dragons. Backflip does rely on the purchases of gems as their main source of income from DV. I guess the wizards prefer letting those hackers slide. :(

12. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    @girlpower: Oops, had to cut my message short since I had to go out.

Like most of us, I do hope the next update gives us more habitats. I had to sell my third plant habitat in order to maximize my earnings (it was replaced by an Earth one). Not really a big loss, but I do want to show off more of my Plant hybrids.

So true about those rocks and trees. I'm trying not to demolish my islands now like I did back when I first started playing. lol! Talking about decorations, I also want BS to make some chairs/benches or something. I mean, with so many islands for those "visitors" to explore around, wouldn't they be tired after all of that walking?

I wish I could give you one of my LYDs I could breed one easily and give it to you anytime. Many on the Facebook page (and I believe some of us here too?) were complaining that the LYD should be extended since this YEAR is a LEAP YEAR, not just those few weeks.

Yep, no offense to the fans of red, I'm not a big fan of it. :eek: The exception to my dislike is probably dark red-ish colors (maroon?) When I try to wear other shades of red (at my mom's insistence), I feel like I'm a tomato or something. :p

13. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I like the red trees because they remind me of the Weirwoods in Westeros (Game Of Thrones), but I would like to be able to move the green trees and rocks so I don't have to get rid of all of them.

14. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    I take it you have the epic breeding sanctuary or enchanted breeding cave? If not, breeding and hatching times are always the same.

15. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Not at all, lol. I'm currently working in a second good and a second seasonal, so then I can breed them together and get closer to finishing my egg collection. I'm soo close.

16. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you, you're very kind :)
    Totally agree on the LYD comment.....too much pressure, reminds me of the Emerald dragon too...only had approx 2 weeks to get that which was ridiculous considering it's supposed to be for a full month.....these are the times I get quiet annoyed with BS and consider them plain greedy cos Im guessing many would buckle and buy gems like there's no tomorrow...that's what this app can do to us if we let it :eek:

I wonder if players ever go back to their DV receipts and actually add up what they've spent since they started playing, could be quiet a shock for some?
    Guess that's me being a party pooper now....guess who does the budget in my house....that would be me then LOL.

It's always so difficult when we know one or more of our forum friends are really struggling to get their dragon and we already have ours (I would love nothing more than all posters to get dragons). I don't mind that they are often challenging....would be very boring otherwise, but I find it hard when most have theirs and only one or two don't....just seems so unfair.

In saying that....I have had my fair share of ‘challenges', always a welcome change when I get them in a shorter time span.......Gold is definitely not included in this sentence....still trying with flower/metal combo....don't like those forge fails at all :( can't help but wonder if I should try something different, always hard to know how long to keep with one combo....drat that Goldie!!! :(

To finish on a high, I managed to get an ironwood, hatched it last night.
    Gotta give the credit to Eugekava for this one (again) cos I used his combo and got it first try (sorry mate, hope you get one soon)

How is everyone else going with their dragons....updates please :)
    Oh, and hope those still needing a peridot get one soon, fingers and toes crossed

17. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Do you mean second ‘gold'? Maybe not, cos not sure you can breed gold/seasonal....can't confirm cos I don't have a GOLD....whaa :(
    LOL, Im no closer to finishing egg collection than I am with yellow shrines....too busy trying to keep up with all the new dragons, and juggling their living arrangements....enough said (listening BS?) :p
    PS. Thanx for request, now accepted ;)

18. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oh...LB, you just reminded me, I must read the book series and watch the television series, have them both now....plus Hunger games...need more hours in the day cos DV and the other gamez takez up too much timez LOL

19. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Just popping in and saying hi from a warm and sunny Croatia. :D It's about 40 degrees C daytime and 28 C in the ocean, so no need to feel sorry for me. :p

When I left Sweden I was happy I managed to breed two of each before going and POOF, there came the Seasonal?!? I really didn't need that one. *haha* And now two more?!? Rain and Ironwood. Come on BFS! The pace really is crazy. I KNOW that we asked for more dragons, but this is ridiculous. Really. :eek:

I agree with all of you regarding dragon count vs habitats and game level. Had to sell of Rainbow habitats for Seasonal and I can't display all the dragons now, unless I sell off more Rainbow/Moon habitats. Don't want to, but I DO want to display one of each dragon ever available. That's me. :rolleyes:

Am sneeking WiFi connection from unknown neighbour with unlocked network. :D Kind of unstable, but welcome when available.

Now it's time for breakfast, then off to the beach. Such hard labor, spending time off work. ;)

(By the way, I have been lucky with breeding the new ones with suggested combos, but still haven't had luck with Ironwood)

Happy breeding everyone! <3

20. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi, GirlPower. Congrats on ironwood. I am still having no luck with Iron/Plant. Will keep trying though. Not really fussed about this one as it is a recolour.
    Got a second Peridot incubating. Got it right after the crystal fail. Will display this one as all the spots on gem island are full.

With Gold may be you should try willow and brass. Some people are reporting success with this.