No 2nd Gen support for Great Little War Game!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Pacster, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Pacster

Pacster New Member

Apr 17, 2011
    CEO of Hunchback Electronics
    Australia
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    I was really looking foward to this game, but then I found out my device (2G iTouch)is not supported !!:confused::confused::confused: I REALLY hope that Rubicon adds support, because this game looks EPIC!! Although Rubicon said the framerate was choppy, I would be happy for a little lag, or just a graphical cut-down. PLEASE add support Rubicon- GLWG LOOKS EPIC!!

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Support is unlikely to come,

Games are now so high in graphics that smaller and less powerful devices cant use them.

If dev's where to include these devices the graphics are likely to be less impressive on other devices.

This was avoided though with real racing 2 where less powerful devices got a different file that had less graphics then the file for Ipod/Iphones 3/4

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    untrue! I messaged the Devs at release and they said support was coming at a later date! Hopefully they keep their promise!:D

4. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    yup in the thread he said that it was probably coming, but it's pretty low on the list. There's a major ipad2 bug and pass and play multiplayer and skirmish mode are coming soon. The wait might be a while, but it'll probably come. :)

5. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Not exactly he could be doing the same as what firemint did. Make it a different file.

6. Pacster

Pacster New Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Australia
    If MC2:BP can, why not GLWG?

Although I agree with you, many developers have been able to make high quality games run on older iPhones/iTouches, Such as Modern Combat 2 (performance was slightly lost with the newest update though:mad::mad:).
    MC2:BP's graphics are (in my opinion) BETTER than GLWG's.(no affence, Rubicon)
    I think because GLWG has quite simple visuals(not bad, but simple), It would be possible to make the game run on older iPhones/iTouches-although there would probably need to be slightly worse graphics.

7. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    There are 2 different game files for MC2,

8. Pacster

Pacster New Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Australia
    LOL. Didn't know. Soz!!

9. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    (-) (-)
    ______

Thank God I just got a 3rd gen ipod touch a month ago.

10. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    o.o good lord, support for 2nd gen is gonna stop any minute now, they can't keep supporting older gens if they want the upgrade the quality of the games.... time to upgrade dude.

11. Xupmatoih

Xupmatoih Active Member

Aug 27, 2010
    #11 Xupmatoih, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    I hate when people say "Time to Upgrade",etc.. because not everybody -or, everybody's parents- has the money to upgrade every year to get just a new feature on Crapple's iPods :\

Plus, games like Real Racing 2 are great examples of making a great game that runs on every gen whithout losing quality on the 4th gen ipods

12. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    But devs have to put time and money into doing that sort of thing which they would not have to put in if you upgraded. I hate when people like you say things like that without thinking.

13. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Wow, what a stupid comment.

First of all, "Crapple's" devices are what we're all using. Next, progress is not, and should not, stop just because kiddies can't afford newer devices or can't successfully convince their mommy and daddy to buy them one. And there will still be games that play on old gens - just don't expect every new game to also have a downgraded version for them. Not gonna happen.

As for RR2 - not all devs have the resources that Firemint has. And at some point, even Firemint will have to let go of the old gen support.

14. Moarite

Moarite Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I just suggest you purchase a 3rd gen ipod touch.:)

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    RR2 reported a production cost of $2 million. End of story.

16. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    WHOAH.... didn't think it was THAT much....

17. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yeh but they make like double that in profit, So at the end of the day its a bit of "You Get What You Pay For"

Sort off, They put a lot of money into the game, And they get a lot back....:cool:

18. daniller

daniller Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Probably they will, but it'll definitely be not as good as on other devices.

19. alain91

alain91 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Since firemint can make it games run on every gereration devices. But other devs can not do it. Is that for the sake of expense or some internal issues?

20. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

A stupid, stupid comment, on multiple levels.

To state the perfectly obvious: tech moves forward; it does not stand still.

Well, perfectly obvious to anyone who isn't a 12-year-old who thinks "Crapple" is funny ... :rolleyes: