iPhone Mailmen [iPad exclusive] -> Stealth Puzzles and Teamwork Gameplay!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JohnnyCoghlan, Dec 2, 2011.

1. JohnnyCoghlan

JohnnyCoghlan Well-Known Member

A new trailer has launched for Mailmen, the stealthy iPad-exclusive puzzler challenging mailmen to pick up and deliver mail while avoiding dangerous canine guards!

Developed by the highly-respected Sandstorm Interactive, Mailmen combines Paper Boy and old-school Metal Gear Solid with The Simpsons. ;) Cunning gameplay, full iOS 5 support and humorous teamwork combine to offer a high-quality, unique iPad game for puzzle fans to enjoy!

More info at http://www.ayopagames.com/games/mailmen/. Here's the trailer - let us know what you think and please spread the word if you can!
    Cheers,
    Johnny

2. Hey Everyone!

I am the founder of Sandstorm Interactive and the developer behind Mailmen. We are a small team of 4 (2 artists and 2 programmers) and we have been working hard for more than a year.

The game is truly unique. Its different characters with their unique abilities and a story driven gameplay set Mailmen apart from all other stealth type games on the AppStore.

Even Dave is cheering:
    [​IMG]

If you have any questions, comments or feedback let us hear it!

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I did some early beta testing of this on the PC and it looked to provide some promising stealth gameplay. I expect it has come a long way since then. I am looking forward to the release.

4. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    #4 Simon Potticary, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    This looks really cool. I've been looking forward to this one for a little while! I loved Paper Boy back in the day (a long time ago now huh), and a combo of that and MGS with a Simpsons kinda vibe sounds pretty good to me.

Any ideas as to an approximate release date devs?

[EDIT]: Oh by the way, I loved Sandstorm's previous iPad title, S.U.B. It was criminally underrated if you ask me, and never really got the attention it's gameplay deserved. I loved using my iPhone as the controller too!

5. The idea is to release on February 2012. We are almost there :)

6. mjracca

mjracca New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Looking forward to Mailmen's release!!
    :D

7. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I had a peek of this earlier in the development process (on Mac). It's a level-based stealth game, with nice graphics.

The levels are tied together by animated cut-scenes and become increasingly tricky as you sneak around a growing number of dogs and obstacles, while delivering mail to various houses.

You can freely roam around the scrolling neighborhood, choosing the safest routes and sneaking up on troublesome dogs, then tying them up. Or climb up a tree to escape. Haven't seen the IOS version, but it was looking good earlier on.

Good luck with your IOS release.

8. Sensei

Sensei Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Teacher, writer
    Japan
    I really enjoyed playing this on my mac and always thought it would be even more fun on an iPad. Now I actually have an iPad so I am looking forward to playing this one.

9. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Having beta tested this game on my PC, I thought the gameplay was fun and quite polished. I would really like to try this out on the iPad, should be awesome on iOS.

10. Thanks for all of the kind words about Mailmen!

We are very exited to be near the end. I get nostalgic when looking back at how everything started from sketches and ideas on the whiteboard.

Here is the evolution of Johnny, the main character.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. santiagososa

santiagososa New Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Awesomee!

I've been playing Mailmen since the early betas and been following sandstorm progress on this game!

I can say it's awesome, I had great times testing it and I am willing for the final version to be released =)

Great work guys, keep it up!