A 'trails' like game?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Zack101, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Hi Devs

is anyone making or thinging of making a 'trails' like game(newest: trails HD xbox360) and I would have thought the game would be really good for the iPhone/iPod touch because of the tilt controls.

So is anyone thinking of making a game like this? If not can I suggest that it would be really cool if you make one?

2. yarri

yarri Well-Known Member

This is like Trials but with a monkey... shooting bananas... jumping... on a bicycle not a motorcycle... but with 3D physics... and not in HD 'cause it's an iPhone:
    http://itunes.com/apps/ridengive

--yarri

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Got Bike or Die 2?

4. Petrus

Petrus Well-Known Member

Redbull X thing?
    AFAIK its relatively similar.

(also, its Trials, not Trails)

5. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    The most popular game of this type(that I've seen) is Moto X Mayhem, but it's kinda unforgiving and there aren't enough levels.

If you're into that kind of game, I'd say check out Jelly Car. It's a free game in a similar style and it's awesome :)

6. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I have tried moto x mayhem but that didn't seem like a big project and red bull x fighters is more about the tricks but thanks for the comments

7. Petrus

Petrus Well-Known Member

No problem

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Have you tried Bike or Die 2 yet like I suggested? It's pretty hardcore in the physics department... and has over 2500 levels thanks to user-created content.