Universal Blast-A-Way (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 29, 2012.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just bought it as it looks amazing from the trailer. Had a quick go and love it. Yeah its a bit more 'pricier' than other games but £2.99 (or $4.99) for this title is well worth it.

We're easy to moan about freemium stuff, people should support premier indie titles like this or it'll be 100% freemium in the app store. £2.99 for a game like this is NOTHING. Back in the 80's (yep its another one of those rants !) you bought 'budget' games for £1.99 or £2.99 on tape, they were often rubbish, all these years later you get these exceptional titles for a small price. Love it

2. Marcus_

Marcus_ Active Member

May 21, 2011
    Sweden, Malmö

Thanks Sanuku!

Here is the trailer from Illusion Labs as well.

3. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I'm tempted. Sway was so much fun and clean in every way. May download Sway for another go.

I'm finding the trailers and videos confusing for this game. I'm not getting what it's about. Comments above from trusted sources and my own experience with Illusion Lab games has almost got me mashing 'Buy' tho.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I typed out a whole post about how good the game was, but for some reason decided to go over the last couple of pages. Saw this post, didn't hesitate to delete everything I had written. Yeah, there's nothing more that needs to be said. If you're the least bit interested in this title, don't hesitate before throwing your money at Illusion Labs.

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I'll upload some gameplay soon (didn't have the time to yesterday :( ), just so you all can see that this game runs and looks great even on the newest of old devices. (aka the iPod Touch 4).

If you like polished physics puzzler games with nice graphics then this game is definetly worth the price!

6. Marcus_

Marcus_ Active Member

May 21, 2011
    Sweden, Malmö
    We at Illusion Labs have created a demo level walkthrough with explanatory captions added!

But basically, there are 3 boxies on each level. Try to collect all of them and reach the exit. Trust me it is not as easy as it might seem ;)

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    This game is worth each single one of the 400 cents I spent (in €). If you like what you see dont hesitate, its a AAA title

8. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Nice video! I watched Sanuku's video and got the impression but I had to watch almost 10 minutes of his to get what your video does in a much shorter time.

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Thanks. Trailer got added to the first Post.

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

11. Marcus_

Marcus_ Active Member

May 21, 2011
    Sweden, Malmö
    Great, thanks.

12. nobelak555

nobelak555 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    You just passed to my iPad's first list. In another word It's in my top-20. And believe me, there's only the best games so far! :)

[​IMG]

13. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I think the thing is most of the video you are seeing is for very simple levels. The game is "about" collecting the three boxies on each level. There are no time or bomb limits--this is a logic puzzler, through and through. Great controls, highly polished.

I've finished the first two worlds so far. The visuals and play definitely have a Portal vibe. It all seems so deceptively simple but then they start combining the elements in different ways.

Anyone that considers themselves a fan of logic puzzles should pick this up. I can't think of another example with visuals in this class (except the aforementioned Portal). My only regret is that it will probably end too soon. Illusion does have a track record of supporting their releases, so hopefully we will see more content down the road.

14. Marcus_

Marcus_ Active Member

May 21, 2011
    Sweden, Malmö
    We at Illusion Labs are very honored. :)

15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Marcus, are there any plans for a level editor?

16. Toz

Toz Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I just unlocked the fabric levels. It looks and plays good. I decided to buy it after seeing TA Plays video. If it never drops in price, I think it's worth $5.

17. Marcus_

Marcus_ Active Member

May 21, 2011
    Sweden, Malmö
    #57 Marcus_, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    We have ideas of what we could do with Blast-A-Way, but there are not any plans decided yet.
    We have thought about a leveleditor, but not sure if that is what we want to focus on.

So many ideas and so little time :)

The only plan we made so far is to include iCloud support. Then we will see.

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Congrats on being Apple's EC game this week! Literally have all of IL's games. Probably the only paid game I'm grabbing this week with Bastion being iPad-only, TWEWY not compatible with the 4th gen. iPod, and FFD being overpriced.

19. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Bought the game all I can say is well done, absolutely amazing :)

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #60 TheFrost, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Marcus, may I ask if GameCenter Leaderboards one of those ideas? Please add them, one for each chapter total score and a total worlds highscore type.

Also, its Editors Choice in Spain too :)