Universal FINAL FANTASY IV - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Interesting technique. I appreciate the input. I hadn't thought of using Libra since I never use it. In the meantime, I've just wandered around the Underworld leveling up and now have Cecil at level 43 and Rosa at 38 (finally got her over 1,000 HP). Rosa also got Haste, which I considered using as well. I'm going to go give it a shot. Thanks!

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Worked like a charm. Thanks.

3. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Any tips on how to kill Lunasaur?

4. dennislamcv

dennislamcv Active Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Lunasaur is undead enemy. Use Holy magic or "Dragon" summon by Rydia.

Get Ragnarok Sword for Cecil

5. dennislamcv

dennislamcv Active Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Once Lugae starts his reversal gas, throw Potions/Hi-Potions/Elixir to kill him off fast. Sometimes he does 2nd reversal means will heal him. Do take note which part you can throw healing potions. U can get a character to hit him only to test the waters during fight.

Hint: Try not to rush through the levels because this game is much harder and need calculated approach.

6. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    haven't gotten Ragnarok yet, the boss who guards the sword is really tough. But i managed to kill Lunasaur by throwing my elixirs at him, and well Dragon doesn't do that much damage to him compared to elixirs (9999). Now, any tips for killing the final boss
    Zeromus? That double big bang keeps killing me, I can only manage to chip around around 20-25k hp off him
    . I've been at him for around 5 hours and nada. My characters are at least level 68

7. DarkIcarusX

DarkIcarusX Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Rosa: DualCast: Slow > Haste > Protect > Shell > Blink > Berserk Cecil and Edge > Curaga/ja if needed
    Cecil: Attack till Berserked
    Edge: Steal > Same as Cecil
    Rydia: Spam Bahamut
    Kain: Focus once/Darkness and Jump

8. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Just got Ragnarok and Masamune. Unfortunately i don't have neither focus, dualcast nor darkness :(

9. DarkIcarusX

DarkIcarusX Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Then go get them :mad:
    Anyway, have Rosa cast Slow, Haste and Blink while Cecil cast Protect and Shell (and Haste if you don't have Omnicast on Rosa).

10. lukeshep17

lukeshep17 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    My game seems glitched or something. I die to dark elf first like I am supposed to I think... And it takes me to title screen. Hit continue and I do it all over. Impossible to beat him, but not sure what to do.

11. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    You haven't talked to Edward. It's necessary.

12. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    Slow does wonders.
    Slow always does wonders.

13. lukeshep17

lukeshep17 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Thanks yeah i figured it out last night through google...

14. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    Heh. Don't feel bad, I beat this game more times then I can count in my life, and I forgot this crucial step until I insta-died to the Dark Elf this time around.

15. Toraen

Toraen New Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Almost fed up with the game. Crashed twice now in the dwarf castle with the dolls/golbez. Normally wouldn't bug me so much but I don't see any way to skip the plot stuff and get right to the fights. Waiting for those darn dolls to dance is a pain.

Really my only complaint with the game, besides perhaps some menu slowness loading.

16. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    What are the augments that I really can't afford to miss the first time around? Every time I check a guide along my way and realize I've missed something, it drives me nuts. I previously started over just to go back and get dualcast. I then chose not to go back to get Edward's extra augments. I just realized that I also will miss Yang's augments (although I will get Cid's when I find him again). I'd have to go back about 9-10 hours (and a ton of levels) to give augments to Yang so I can get his extra augments. I really don't want to bother but hate the idea of missing out on them during this playthrough.

17. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Finally finished the game! Story is beautiful,not FF6 quality but still very very good! Looking forward to FF5 when/if it gets ported to iOS in 3D

18. Christian86

Christian86 Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Having the same issue very frustrating

19. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Honestly I have no clue how to get augments. I thought they were parts of the story but I'm at the sealed cave underground and I've only gotten a few. The ones Iv gotten are useless too, everyone's getting dual cast etc and all Iv gotten is potion, recall, counter and analyze. No clue what's going on.

20. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    I've been debating if I should really invest in this game, any pros and cons anyone? I would really love to see this is a good app to buy