Universal Pixel People - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    We have a winner :p

2. Wootus

Wootus Active Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Artist
    Another thing I'd like to see updated is that the rewards for filling up hearts increases depending on your current level. Right now you get the same rewards the whole way through.

3. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    What's the tech support splicing makeup?
    We at the Utopian Trade Agency request to know this piece of knowledge.

4. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I haven't filled it to capacity yet, but it looks like the Tavern is the best money maker. The City Square has a multiplier of 8, but all the employees make around 1-2 CPS and the building takes up 4 spaces of land. The Tavern only has a multiplier of 3, but all the employees make around 2-3 CPS and the building only takes up 1 space of land. Also the Tavern only requires 5 workers to get the bank bonus.

5. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    All splicing makeups are listed here http://m.ign.com/wikis/pixel-people/Professions

The one that you need to make to get the Tech Support building is
    Programmer

6. Arshin

Arshin Active Member

Dec 21, 2012
    My suggest:

Battery optimisation
    Possibility to rotate stuff ( house, building, decor , map ect )
    Multiplayer ( Possibility to add friend and visit their own planet , why not free gift )
    Add IPhone/touch/pad music option

and That's all that come to my mind.

Great game btw !

7. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    All things in the game: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Pixel+People/feature.asp?c=48243

8. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    That is most odd. Here's a suggestion -- Love might save the day. Wait till the hearts start flashing on top and tap the flashing bar of hearts.

9. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Bought double time, but now every time I open the app, it asks me for my App Store password. Anyone else experienced this?

10. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Heavenly House is wrong. It looks like they changed the Heavenly House before they released the game, that might be the original design.

This is the Heavenly House that guide lists:

[​IMG]

Heavenly House

Land Cost: 3
    Capacity: 6
    Cost: 60,000 Coins, 3u
    Build Time: 3 hours

Unlocked at 60 land

This is the Heavenly House in the Game:

Heavenly House

Land Cost: 2
    Capacity: 6
    Cost: 50,000 Coins, 3u
    Build Time: 3 hours

Unlocked at 60 land

11. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    How much is everybody making?
    I'm currently at 574 coins per second.

12. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    #272 Vexorg, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    Buildings for making money. I'm at 90 lands unlocked and here are some of the buildings I have access to that make good money. These are 20 minute+ working buildings since I don't like to check in too often and were easy to fill up with less then a day of playing:

Funeral Parlor, space 1, people 2, 20m cycle, max 20 CPS =
    24,000 coins per cycle
    Fire Station, space 2, people 3, 60m cycle, max 8 CPS =
    28,800 coins per cycle
    Courthouse, space 2, people 3, 30m cycle, max 16 CPS =
    28,800 coins per cycle
    Farmers Market, space 2, people 5, 20m cycle, max 42 CPS =
    50,400 coins per cycle

13. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #273 TRB4, Feb 1, 2013
    489 CPS

But I only have 85 people right now and no duplicate jobs or buildings. I also have never spent any utopium to speed anything up. I am at the point where it takes about 15 minutes for a new clone to arrive and it takes 3+ hours for each new building and I am out of land and the next upgrade costs ~8M with my discount. I feel like I am slowly approaching the wall where I will have to start turning off the game and just set an alarm to remind me when things finish.

What are your stats?

14. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    You can delete residential buildings. You just need to unlock the building firm.

15. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle Active Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Loving this game, though I'm wondering: Does something exciting happen when you've collected all 150 people?

16. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #276 C.Hannum, Feb 1, 2013
    This is an absolutely fantastic casual builder that I'm having a blast with. The art style is so spot on that you will hear no complaints from me about that "useless" housing from early on. I love my little suburbs :) I can understand why the option to be able to move clones and upgrade and/or delete housing should be added at some point, but I also can't help but feel people are min-maxing the game far too early on for that sort of anality. Sure, cramming 24 clones into the same space that only houses 8 from the earlier housings is more efficient when expanding land costs rise so quickly, but this game has been out for less than 72 hours at this point. The earning potential of even a modestly developed Utopia is in the tens of millions of coins a day, in just a couple of weeks time, people are going to be amazed they were ever so worked up trying to free up 2 whole squares of land.

My feedback about what should be improved:

1. Rotatable buildings and decorations. This is always a big pet peeve of mine in any builder, serious or casual. Then, if you can, a rotatable map would be nice, but I'd be satisfied if I could just tweak the building orientations.

2. For the love of all that is good, please remove the "Return to Town Center No/Yes" function that happens every time a gnat farts near an ungridded square. Give us a button next to the Utopia News Live or something, but this is by far my biggest annoyance from the interface.

3. On the technical side, yeah, battery usage for such a seemingly lightweight game appears higher than what it should be (5G touch, iOS 6.1 here). It's at least something that ought to be looked at.

Beyond that, just more, more, MORE :D

17. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    I making 500k per 10sec. ?!?!?!?

18. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    So, you're making 50.000 coins per second!
    Yeah right and i'm santa clause :rolleyes:

19. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    You're making 50,000 CPS? That seems unlikely.

20. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    This does work, I just tried it.

WARNING!!!

If you move time backwards like if you want to return the time back to normal, the game WILL penalize you by removing 1 land from you. It won't delete any buildings if you have used all of your land, but it will mean that your next upgrade will only give you 9 land instead of 10. My land counter is now 130/129.

[​IMG]