Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    I know. I laugh a little inside every time i see someone say that.

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Like I had my ps3 for what 2 years now, and I am pretty hardcore gamer. I got my vita at launch which was feb 22 I think? Since then I bought at least over 12 games and not to mention psn titles. That's almost much as games I bought for my ps3 past 2 years

3. Impressive collection, but it has one fatal flaw.

Where's Persona 4 Golden? Or are you in Europe?

4. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    This is probably going to come as a surprise(as it did to me cause I'm a massive RPG fan)but I literally couldn't be less interested in P4G. I'll leave it at that cause I don't want my opinions to come across as game bashing, a game that a lot of people really like.

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Can I ask if you've played it at least? Or Persona 3?

6. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Another video from sonic. Love the later part of this stage. A Star Fox type game would be so great on the Vita.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    "This video is currently being processed"

*taps foot*

8. MicroByte

Lol, patience my friend. :p

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    #3889 S.I.D. CrAzY, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    I can see it now! :p

Man can't wait to pick this game up. I'll be getting it digitally as this seems like the type of game I'll want on my Vita at all times.

Still have Persona 4 and Virtues Last Reward on my to-buy list.

10. MicroByte

I'm hooked. I've been playing NFS almost exclusively for the past month and a half, but I think this will take up my time now.

11. I see. I was just wondering because I saw Disgaea 3 in your list, and that's a rather quirky Japanese SRPG.

12. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    I don't believe it's possible for a massive RPG fan not to love Persona 4, you probably haven't played it yet.

Along with Uncharted and NFS the best Vita games IMO, go get them! :)

13. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA

No I've never played any of the Persona games.

Yeah I like a lot of Japanese stuff but Japanese stuff can be really hit and miss with me but I've looked at a lot of gameplay videos and stuff and I really don't want anything to do with it, it's just not my type of game.

What I wouldn't mind though is someone actually explaining what people think is so great about that game, as anytime you ever hear someone that likes P4G talk about it they just say it's the greatest thing ever and that's it.

14. The Persona games have complex stories and characters that you won't be able to appreciate just from watching short gameplay videos, especially since the main storyline takes at least 60 hours to complete. Each character, even a few non-playable support characters, is fully developed to the point that you become really attached to them by the end. The Personas that the title refers to are unique monsters that you obtain and equip to give your character unique abilities. However, because the game encourages you to focus more on "social links" and less on combat, I can see why some people might not be too interested. In the end, everything is all up to you. If you choose to spend more time in the dungeon and less time socializing, you can still make it through the game, although you might not necessarily get the best ending.

15. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    to me, the Persona series is like a Pokemon game with mature themes. You collect cards that represent monsters, level them up, combine them, fight alongside them etc. But for me, the real clincher is the Social Links, when you develop relationships with various characters the social link levels up. And when that happens you get access to progressively stronger and stronger personae until eventually you get the ultimate persona for that social link. On top of all that, playing out the social links gives you more insight into each character and are prefty fun to play out, at least for me.

16. Did anyone read IGN's review of Sonic Racing Vita?
    ...IGN has to be trolling, right?

17. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Wish persona 4 was out in the EU already I'm really quite curious about it, I might do what I did with disgaea and buy the last PSP one while I'm waiting.

Last I read was it won't be out here till next year sometime so I've probably plenty of time to try number 3.

18. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    P3P was the first Persona game I played and I loved it for the reasons I stated above. Hoping to play all the other Persona games at some point.

19. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    IGN has always had a real hatred for Sony handhelds I stopped reading them in my PSP days, Seems they are still the same.

20. MicroByte

Need some words of wisdom here. I know P4G has been raved on time and time again. I hear such great things about the game, but have been avoiding it because I'm not a huge RPG fan, never really have been. The only RPG's I've really been into are JRPG's and (don't laugh) Pokemon.

Given that, I'm REALLY starting to get curious about P4G. I guess my main question is if it is overly difficult? I can take grinding, but I also hate dying every 10 seconds because I didn't equip a certain item, etc. I know it's asking a lot, but do you think a noob would like this game?