Rise of Heroes - Castle-Defense/Side-Scrolling Hack And Slash Hybrid

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PocketMonkey, Jul 31, 2010.

1. PocketMonkey

PocketMonkey Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    #1 PocketMonkey, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

Rise of Heroes is a hybrid Castle Defense and 2D Hack and Slash game where you must use the Heroes of your army to defeat the enemy.

Imagine a cross-between Cartoon Wars or Trenches with a game like A Quest of Knights Onrush.

Rough Concept of Gaming Area

[​IMG]

The Heroes!

Warrior: The warrior is the backbone of any army and that is no exception for Rise of Heroes. The Warrior is a solid and well-balanced unit designed for all purposes, but lacks in specialization in any particular field of combat.

[​IMG]

Berserker: The Berserker is all-power and purely offensive. Known as the Juggernaut on the battlefield, the Berserker is used to inflict a lot of damage in a short period of time.

[​IMG]

Paladin: A Knight of the Holy Order, the Paladin was both skilled in armed combat and divine powers of healing.

[​IMG]

More information to be revealed soon! We do plan to include a full campaign along with multiplayer modes for a fully enjoyable experience!

And now presenting the Rogue, expertly trained in the use of the blade.

[​IMG]

Behold the might and power of the Warlock, capable of turn you to taters tots with the wave of his hand!

[​IMG]

Attached below are some of the animations for the "Warrior" class for your enjoyment. :)

Attached Files:

2. SupercrazY

SupercrazY Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    cool man add some screens ;)

3. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Now I am definitely liking that artwork! :)

4. Tyvan

Tyvan Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Georgia
    Wow that is some detail animation there! :cool:
    I imagine if every unit gets as much detail as that one, the game will be coming out late 2010 or early 2011.
    Grats on getting this one out. I love what I see now.:cool:

5. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Very nice artwork!!!!!!

I'm looking foreword for a video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Extremely nice art, and the premise has me very interested. Any ETA on a trailer + release date?

7. PocketMonkey

Mar 29, 2009
    Sorry Kunning! No ETA on any of those above.

Rise of Heroes is a project that will receive more attention once we release Commando: Warmachine in the next week or so. Optimally, it would be 6 - 8 weeks, but even a small problem can cause significant delays.

8. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

The artwork and the animations are looking fantabulous!

It seems like you guys have a bucket list or something to quickly develop 3 games, because you guys are really doing a bunch.

Hehe, reminds me a mudloop.

9. PocketMonkey

Mar 29, 2009
    Actually, the Pocket Monkey team has recently expanded and we have more development resources than ever before.

We are currently working on Commando: Warmachine, which should be released in the next couple of weeks, followed by Rise of Heroes and Kitten Kommando, which are developed side by side.

10. PocketMonkey

Mar 29, 2009
    Imagine playing a game like Trenches or Cartoon Wars where you manage resources to summon units, but then you are able to actually control the unit themselves, like in A Quest of Knights Onrush, against hordes of enemies.

11. SupercrazY

Feb 11, 2010
    men what are you saying is awesome i can't wait to see a video or some screens you are great ;)

12. PocketMonkey

Mar 29, 2009
    We will do our best to get you something very soon!

Will also reveal more of the units shortly.

13. SupercrazY

Feb 11, 2010
    #13 SupercrazY, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    thanks man ;) insta buy i really like the artwork good work

will you make an ipad version of this game ?

14. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Once again this looks and sounds interesting (though we don't have much to look at yet :) ) It's nice to see the level of graphics improving so much, because Sparta was really nice, Swingaling wasn't bad, and then the two zombie games weren't looking so sharp. Warmachine and this look really slick, however.

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Love to see great animation. So probably a release by year's end?

16. PocketMonkey

Mar 29, 2009
    Thanks for your positive feedback! We are very happy to create vivid and engaging art.

But to clarify, Commando and Rise of Heroes are the first Pocket Monkey Productions since Swingaling. (Our total produced games are: Sparta, Champion Archer, and Swingaling.) The other games in our catalog our developed by various 3rd Party Developers and published under our brand and name.

17. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That explains a lot :) You just need to start partnering with people that have better graphic artists then :p (sorry, it's late, I'm tired, and I really should be going to bed now).

18. PocketMonkey

Mar 29, 2009
    We believe it would be out much before Years End. Our estimate is roughly 6 - 8 weeks from now. We will keep you all informed!

19. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Any more news on this?

20. PocketMonkey

Mar 29, 2009
    Sorry about the delay! Our lead artist became ill and this pushed out the timeframe a bit!

But to keep you happily entertained, here is the Rogue showing off his mad skills with the blade: anim_rogue_attack.gif

Attached Files: