Solomon Dark (by Raptisoft: creator of Solomon Keep, Solomon Boneyard)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RaptorF35, Jun 8, 2012.

1. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    HOLY F! :eek:

Retina for BONEYARD!!!! That alone is enough to make my entire MONTH! Any idea how long before they become available?

Rapti, so glad you are on the forum. Boneyard is an absolute gem and I have been praying it got an update with Retina. That's the only thing that is dating it!

And Solomon Dark as what Boneyard COULD have been? Are you kidding?!

This is great, GREAT news :D

Keep in touch!

2. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Bought both the other games and played the crap out of both of them on my touch. I am very glad to hear that the new one is coming to ipad!

Thanks for the updates and I can't wait, this will be a day1 purchase for me.

3. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Love all the Solomon games and will likely get this. One question:

What makes this different from the other two games?

4. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    This makes me so happy. I sunk far too much time into the first 2 games. Can't wait.

5. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Any news!? :/

6. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Dark is not significantly different than Boneyard in gameplay. Some of the differences are:

o A new category of offensive spell (earth) and associated welds
    o The ability to summon things to fight for you
    o A more robust skill system (play randomly, or play Diablo2 style)
    o A third tier of modifiers to primary attacks (i.e. lighting -> chaining & stun -> prismatic spray and disintegration, or fireball -> explode & embers -> embers to imps & immolate)
    o Numerous new spells
    o You can enchant your staff to become a melee fighter
    o Multiplayer
    o The wizard college is fleshed out and can be upgraded as a meta game
    o Better graphics and more enemies
    o Voice work
    o Make your own characters instead of using predesigned ones
    o Quick slots on screen for equipping
    o Hugely expanded item list, including item sets, and more interesting item effects.
    o A different perk system that lets you stack more perks if you have the money.

Keep is also destined for a rewrite, for the same reasons: the original games had to be compatible with iPhone 1, but iDevices have moved WAY forward on memory and speed, and I want to do versions of the games that have good graphics and all the situations I couldn't afford, memory and speed wise, to put into the first versions.

7. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Any idea on when the Retina versions of Boneyard and Keep will be available? I am literally foaming at the mouth here :eek:

8. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    What type of multiplayer will Dark have? Bluetooth/local wifi/online?

9. Raptisoft

Retina is already working-- the immediate issue is that the retina graphics are too big to fit in the 20mb limit for cellular downloads, so I'm putting together a button on settings so that it'll download them from my server, rather than bundling them right in.

Dark Multiplayer: Wifi/Online. You can actually play with people on PC/Mac as well.

10. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Rapti,

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm a little confused. So we will be downloading Retina straight from inside the game itself? I guess we'll be getting an update for Boneyard first and then we'll be able to do this through the settings?

11. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    In iOS 5.1, Apple raised the cellular download limit to 50MB. :)

Link

12. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I thought it was 50 too. My phone won't allow anything over 50 and tells me every time I try it.

13. Raptisoft

Ah, see, I've been so busy with Solomon Dark that I haven't been keeping up with the news. That's great about the 50mb limit-- spares me a heck of a lot of work!

14. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Hoped it would! Looking forward to this game and the planned updates!

15. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Release date please and here take my money

16. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Yes and Yes. Rapti we need dates for Solomon Dark and Retina for Boneyard/Keep :D

17. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Yes, please release date, and one Question Rapti, So.. No Dungeon Crawler Gameplay in Dark Like SK!? :O

18. V!3T

V!3T Active Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Canada
    Loved the previous games! :) I can't wait to see the results of this one! I see there will most likely be a multiplayer! :D Something I longed for Solomon's Boneyard! :3
    I'll definitly buy SD as well!

19. Raptisoft

I can't give a day-- there is a malicious little imp that plagues me; his unique power is to wait until I tell someone a date and then rearrange the universe to make sure I miss it (kids get sick, I get sick, I get injured, computer breaks, you name it). Until I can figure out how to banish him, I can only give more vague information:

1) It's almost done.
    2) A few skills need to be finished (mostly summoning)
    3) A lot of graphics need to go it
    4) More balancing needs to happen
    5) An open beta will happen at www.solomondark.com before release, for PC and Mac, so that's a way to get a hold of the game before it's released (site is just blank now, I will happily notify here when it goes up, even though until iPhone version it won't qualify as "touch").

20. Raptisoft

No-- but as soon as I finish (and take a brief break) work will commence on Deluxe Solomon's Keep, which, if all goes well, will be a *very* fleshed out version of Keep, with lots of crawling.