Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Time to reinstall and play again from scratch with the new content!
    Thanks for the update!

2. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Great Update...I like this game even more(M.U.S.E has nothing on SHADOWGUN).

3. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Agreed, although MUSE has a lot that this hame lacks, the overall polish of Shadowgun is simply amazing.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    OMG, what an update... Merry Christmas! And yeah, I prefer Shadowgun rather than MUSE, it's much more polished and enjoyable.

5. Defiance211

Defiance211 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    This update adds a more gritty and dirty feel to shadowgun, which is good! Now that they've released this expansion, the only thing to come next is multiplayer. Looks like 2012 wont be a bad year after all(end of the world joke).

6. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    i got bored within an hour. If i devoted enough time to it would I like what I see? I mean the expansions seems to be pleasing everyone so I guess its worth downloading again...

7. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #1047 russiaone, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    Just encountered a HUGE ass bug that might force me to take this game off my device for the second time.

Anyway, I've just beaten the lobster again on Chapter 8. I jump on the elevator and the thing just stops. I can't do anything but quit and have to fight through the cheap section again.

UPDATE

I just passed the lobster on Chapter 8 again, I get on the elevator, it's goes up to a certain point and stops. No progress.

Are the devs here at any point?

8. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    #1048 master lee, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    yea I have the same problem it's a nasty ass bug:mad:

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Of course -- Madfinger is very active here. They also have a website and email address, so you can report the bug directly.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Took me two hours to beat the expansion on normal, partly because it's quite a bit harder than the campaign, but also because it's still quite unstable on the 4th gen. iPod. Had 5-10 crashes by the time I beat the last level. The new weapon is pretty cool. Really useful. Like I said, the game has quite a few more difficult spots in the expansion than in the campaign. You'll probably replay a few areas several times. The rolling ability is helpful at times. Still a huge fan of the controls. Thanks for the free content update. Deleted it again for now, but will definitely check out the multiplayer as soon as it's out.

11. TobiasP

TobiasP Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Online Editor @ Fishlabs
    Hamburg / Germany
    Damn, the update seems to be pretty cool. Now if only I could get past that stupid Driller!^^

12. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    yup, we are here.. we found it also, there is some missing event in lvl 9 (lobster) and game will not progress.. Shit happens and this event just disappear from level. We are blaming editor and our beta testers of course ;)

Update 1.1.3 will be submitted shortly, but probably approved next year by Apple..

Best

13. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Well, there ya go. LOL. Thanks for the reply. I did beat this game a while back, but have since forgotten the ending. I wanna go ahead and play the expansion. Is the ending the same? If so, I'm gonna youtube it.

14. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    That part is stupid and is frustrating because of the nature of the iPad which makes fast turning impossible . I did get past it but it felt really cheap .

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Hey Madfinger,
    are you planning on doing something with the controls? You know, with the new Plasma Gun now the Weapon Selection menu is above the other buttons. If you can change the controls to the same method that Gameloft uses it would be very appreciated.
    Oh, and there are 2 bugs with the new gun: you can collect Plasma even if you have 100, and if you pick up the Plasma Gun, there's no message like "Found Shotgun!" (I can't remember the exact message).
    Thanks.

16. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Idk I kinda like weapon selection as is. Gamelofts weapons select works well with two guns, but with more than that it kinda sucks to keep scrolling through all your guns when you need a shotgun yesterday.

But yeah, I did find the same bugs you did. And to beat the driller, I suggest turning sensitivity all the way up. I never found it too difficult, don't try to do it backwards, just turn around when you need to turn on a burner.

17. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Yeah, I found it the same way. I tried muse out and it just didn't work well for me. The poor auto aim system combined with its encouraged fast pacing doesn't really work.

18. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    THIS GAME RULES thank you MADFINGER for this update. i mean this is incredible. i will support you guys forever. thank you.;

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Maybe on iPad it doesn't matter, but it just don't suit in my iPod 4. When you open the weapon selection menu, the buttons of each weapon are above the reloading and rolling buttons. You're right about the shotgun thing, but I just don't like this type of control.
    There are other things that I don't like about the controls. If you swipe your finger next to the weapon's icon to take a look around, you can't, it's a dead zone. When you're using one finger to move the character (the finger is in the left zone of the screen), you can't use that zone with the other finger to look around.

About the driller, yeah, that's the best way to defeat it. Going backwards is not an option because you can't see the objects that are behind you.

20. lopoz

lopoz New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Love getting the extra single player stuff, but am stuck at the elevator bug described before..

So here are some other feature requests:
    - Why no moving during weapon change, very frustrating to run out of bullets in a firefight and having to change weapon while standing still, being riddled with bullets.
    Which brings me to my next point:
    - Option to auto switch weapon when out of ammo.

Other than these couple points, great game! Best controls IMHO. Better than Modern Combat 3..