iPad games on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by barl, Jun 19, 2010.

1. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    I'm confused as to whether you will now be able to purchase an iPad version of a game and be able to play it on the iPhone 4.

Since there is now very little difference in specs (screen dpi, processor etc.) I don't see why you couldn't.

Has it been confirmed that you will be able to play iPad games on the iPhone 4?

Can someone please clear this up for me?
    Thanks.

2. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    No.
    The iPad games are kind of built for a big screen... And the iPhone's screen isn't any bigger...

3. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Actually I believe Steve said that you would be able to. Don't hold me to that, but that's what I heard.

4. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    The size of the device doesn't have much to do with it anymore, because the resolution of both screens are now quite similar: iPad - 1024 x 768, iPhone 4 - 960 x 640, so I don't see how that can be as much of a problem anymore.

5. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    #5 RonBurgundy, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
    I would think you can. (Also I do kinda remember Steve saying something that you can)
    The only thing is that the controls would be very tiny, like N.O.V.A HD for example. So unless devs put in options for bigger hud layout or controls I might avoid buying ipad games.

6. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    the resolution would be very, very small on the iphone screen...